Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions, advice, info needed please!

tag
mere2368
New Contributor

Opinions, advice, info needed please!

Long story short my house foreclosed a couple years ago.  I do not know the exact date but I am finding out the exact date tomorrow.  I want to move on with my life.  I was 18 young and dumb and made a big mistake and bought a house with my BOYFRIEND... yes stupid I know.  Hes now my ex and almost 6 yrs later I am engaged and have a 10 month old daughter.  Anyway my question is this:  Should I file bankruptcy?  I have NO credit card debt.  I have student loans but I am still in school and they are not a lot ( I know they cant be included just giving yall and idea of where I stand debt wise).  I have a car that I have only 2 late payments on and I can afford it just fine.  The only reason I am considering bankruptcy is I am sure the house did not sell in auction for what was owed... so that means the mortgage company can come after me still right?  And garnish my wages etc??  If I file bankruptcy they wont be able to right?  But if I do file bankruptcy I will be starting back at square one.  Ugh I am so upset and frustrated.  Sorry for the rambling I just need advice.  Thanks so much in advance.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.