cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of discharge chapter 13

tag
Pf1976

Order of discharge chapter 13

I just received my Order of Discharge from Chapter 13. Should I send it to credit agenices? Will my credit score go up?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Re: Order of discharge chapter 13

Congrats to you! It's a hard road and many don't make it to the end. You don't need to do anything. The courts will automatically submit your discharge to the credit bureaus. It may take a week or so but give it some time.
NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 12
maverick1964

Has anyone ever experienced a bump in their credit scores once the chapter 13 discharge is reported to the credit reporting agencies?

Message 3 of 12
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@maverick1964 wrote:

Has anyone ever experienced a bump in their credit scores once the chapter 13 discharge is reported to the credit reporting agencies?

Not yet but I'll let you know... my Ch 13 was discharged a few days ago on 5/7... it was reported to Equifax on 5/9... (not sure about the other 2 yet, I haven't gotten any notification from credit monitoring) and haven't got a notice about any credit score increase either... I'm assuming it takes a few weeks or months.

Message 4 of 12
drboxing
Established Contributor

Keep me posted, I just made my last payment and now am waiting for discharge

Message 5 of 12
creditfox2
Established Member

How long did it take after the final payment was made to the trustee to receive your discharge?  My attorney is telling me 60-90 days, but that seems long based on some of the reports I've read in the forums.  I'm making my final payment with certified funds.

Message 6 of 12
maverick1964

60-90 days is about right.  I live in Texas and this is the process that I had to go through.  Once the trustee gets your final payment, the office will do a final audit to make sure all of your debts are paid off.  Once this is done, the creditors will have 60 days to object to your discharge.  Once the 60 days has passed, a discharge will be issued.  I hope this helps you and good luck!!

Message 7 of 12
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

In a few weeks, both of you should pull all 3 from annualcreditreport.com and fine-tooth them, making sure that everything that should say IIB does, and that they all have zero balances.  Dispute anyting that's wrong.

Once it's all correct, you may/should see a score bump.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 8 of 12
creditfox2
Established Member

Thanks for the response.  An audit was completed on my case and it was determined that I would have to pay an additional $1800 because of a property that I own with my siblings.  All of my other accounts were paid in full with the exception on Santander (auto loan).  They failed to file a claim when I initially file, so I'm surrendering my vehicle.  Will this account still reflect as IIB or as a repossession?

Message 9 of 12
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Should be IIB. (The surrender/repo takes place after the filing).

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.