cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Otherwise Good Discharged debt HAVE to report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Otherwise Good Discharged debt HAVE to report?

Hey folks, 

After long sad story I had to file ch7. I have been chipping at baddies on my CR ever since. One in particular I have 0 dispute for since it IS 100 percent accurate. A autoloan that I had thru the BK that was discharged. I was never late with this loan, and in fact paid the whole thing off in its entirety 2 months after the BK. Unfortunatly since I did not reaffirm the loan, It is a negative report.

I have attempted to get it deleted out of just being a real good customer of the credit union. However all they tell me is that they would be more than happy to remove it, but if they did they would be violating FCRA laws. They tell me the only way they can remove it is if something is inaccurate. But for the life of me it is the one thing on my CR that is actually 100 percent accurate on all four CRA's.

So to those in the know. Does a company HAVE to report to the CRA's? And is it indeed a violation of the FCRA for them to remove it?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.