Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pacer

tag
MattP2144
New Contributor

Pacer

I saw on Pacer that the trustee put his report in on our case saying he erequests to be discharged from the case.. does that mean as long as we have no objections that the case is done? Also would i be able to see on pacer our reaffirmaton aggrements? I do not see those yet would that mean that my lawyer has not turned those documents in? any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pacer

@MattP2144 wrote:

I saw on Pacer that the trustee put his report in on our case saying he erequests to be discharged from the case.. does that mean as long as we have no objections that the case is done? Also would i be able to see on pacer our reaffirmaton aggrements? I do not see those yet would that mean that my lawyer has not turned those documents in? any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Yes and yes. When did you sign the reaffirmation agreements? Call your attorney to find out why he hasn't filed them yet.

Message 2 of 12
MattP2144
New Contributor

they were turned in about 3 weeks ago, but we just had our 341 meeting on april 9th, so the should of been on there before that meeting right? 

Message 3 of 12
MattP2144
New Contributor

I am kind of getting upset with this attorney. I know they recommend not to reaffirm but this is my choice and i want it done so he should have these uploaded. I just emailed him if i dont get a response by 1pm i will call him. there is no reason for this to hae not been done already.On pacer where would i see them uploaded i thought they were just suppose to turn them in at the 341 meeting,but really they just upload them?

thanks for the help i appreciate it 

Message 4 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, all the files are uploaded electronically now.

You would see everything that is filed in your Bk under your name and case number. You can print out or save pdf every document in your case. Its been a while since I have been on PACER (my Bk was discharged in Jan 2009) so maybe someone that has been on it recently can walk you through the steps.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be able to see the reaff's on Pacer under 'filers'. If they are not on there, then they havent been submitted yet.

Message 6 of 12
MattP2144
New Contributor

So my attorney told me today that with my mortgage reaffirmation once i sign it and my lawyer signs it. that it gets sent back to the mortgage company and they are the one who file it with the court. Is this correct? I dont understand why he would lie to me if it isnt correct or why he would say it if its as simple as him uploading the documents to the pacer site. He said its basically the mortgage company sitting on it at the moment. Anyone have this experience at all? 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. He is correct! literally just went through that myself. And personally, I was so worried my mortgage company was going to drag it out. I think there's a 60 day deadline starting from the 341 meeting (I believe?) to get everyone signed on it and it filed. So, i put in several calls to them to check the status of it once my attorney and i did out part. It's done now. And when they file yours, it will show up on Pacer.
Message 8 of 12
MattP2144
New Contributor

thanks for the help. I am glad i stayed on top of this. i know people say not to reaffirm but i want to and thats my choice. My attorney got a call from my mortgage company telling them they could not file the aggreement because part of it was filled out wrong. Well my attorney never called me to tell me this. I cant even believe that i had to call the mortgage company for them to tell me. So once i learned that i printed off the page they needed and took it to the attorney he looked at me like oh i forgot to call him or something. Just said hey can you turn this in correctly to the mortgate company now. Not too happy i feel like once these lawyers get your money they dont care as much they will tell you anything. Just like a car salesman 

Message 9 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@MattP2144 wrote:

thanks for the help. I am glad i stayed on top of this. i know people say not to reaffirm but i want to and thats my choice. My attorney got a call from my mortgage company telling them they could not file the aggreement because part of it was filled out wrong. Well my attorney never called me to tell me this. I cant even believe that i had to call the mortgage company for them to tell me. So once i learned that i printed off the page they needed and took it to the attorney he looked at me like oh i forgot to call him or something. Just said hey can you turn this in correctly to the mortgate company now. Not too happy i feel like once these lawyers get your money they dont care as much they will tell you anything. Just like a car salesman 

Yes some of them are not very good. Others are truly excellent. I happen to have had a very good attorney that also had a good paralegal, which is essential when you are filing. I'm so sorry you have had a bad experience with your attorney.

You are also right that it is your choice to reaffirm or not. The attorney works for you.  It is a good thing you stayed on top of the filing. Hopefully it will be filed correctly now.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.