Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid as agreed account reporting as IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid as agreed account reporting as IIB

I am 3 years post bankruptcy and had scores from 660-680. HOWEVER, suddenly, a student loan that I have paid on for the past 3 years is showing as included in bankruptcy. I have spoken with the school and the loan servicer and they are saying they have no clue why it would do this. They say on their end it shows as current and in repayment status.

I have disputed with the CRA's 3 times, and each time the account either changes from a $0.00 balane to the correct balance, but still indicates included in bankrupty. Or it will go back to a $0.00 balance still saying included in bankruptcy. 

I have no clue what else to do. My school seems to be confused, they even did a hard pull on my credit to look at it (I was upset by this). They basically have indicated that they can't help because they aren't reporting whatever is being shown incorrectly.

I just reopened a dispute and included proof of my payment history and a recent billing statement. Any other thoughts on what I can do to get this fixed? This whole ordeal has dropped my score by an average of 30 points. 

4 REPLIES 4
midnite_7
Established Member

Re: Paid as agreed account reporting as IIB

If the account was listed as a creditor when you filed BK and was NOT reaffirmed, then I believe it is reporting correctly.  I filed BK in 2013, did not reaffirm my car loan, but kept up on the payments.  The creditor has the account listed as IIB, even though I have been and still am all payments on time.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue with a line of credit I had at a bank. I disputed it with the credit agency three times and each time they came back and said they are reporting it as the bank is reporting it. To make changes contact the bank directly. I did that and still no dice. So I contacted the CFPB and filed a complaint. Submitted my documentation showing the account had been paid and closed well before I even thought of filing bankruptcy. Got a reply from the company in about 3 weeks I believe saying they are reporting that account correctly. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So did they ever fix it? I have been on the phone at least a hour per day trying to get this fixed. The student loan company is supposedly dealing with their "person" who works with the CRA. I do think they realize there is a problem, the issue is no one knows exactly how to fix it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. After disputing the information with the CFPB, I had to call Equifax directly. Told them about the disputes and the final information I received. The lady said she would submit the information. I waited about a week and went to Equifax disputes and logged in to see what it looked like. It was all cleared up. Payment history showed where the account was paid and closed almost 2 years before I filed bankruptcy. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.