Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment after charge off/collection!

tag
jwillvin
Valued Member

Payment after charge off/collection!

Hi, I'm trying to clean up my credit reports after filing bk last year. It was discharged on 04/2012 chapter 7. I noticed that in all 3 of my cr, all of the accounts that I included in my bk are showing just that except for an old best buy account that I had. I disputed it with all 3 bureaus and all 3 reports show that debt as a negative account with "payment after charge off/collection". All 3 bureaus are reporting that I disputed the charge and that I disagree with the results. I did not make any payments towards that account once I decided to file for chapter 7. With this account reporting as it is, how much of a negative impact is it having on my score? Is there a way to have it removed? I'm currently in the 630's on both fico scores sold here and trying to rebound back  into the 700's. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, josh 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rwolf

Re: Payment after charge off/collection!

If the balance is small I'd just pay it off or before u do that try disputing it.
Message 2 of 3
jwillvin
Valued Member

Re: Payment after charge off/collection!

I did dispute it already. Instead of stating "inluded in bk" it says "payment after charge off/collection. I'm not going to pay for something that was included in my bk. Anyone have to deal with something like this before?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.