Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed 4yrs After Bk7

tag
mspenny
Valued Member

Pen Fed 4yrs After Bk7

I filed BK7 4 years ago with no blemishes since. I am thinking about joining pen fed with intent to open CC shortly after. What are the odds of acceptance and approval with the BK on my reports?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pen Fed 4yrs After Bk7

They are BK friendly. Make sure your EQ fico 9 is above 650 before you apply. It’s a hard pull to join and they will use that same score for all credit apps for at least a month.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a shot! I apped 5yrs post file date and was approved. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got in with them 22 months post discharge. Modest $2k starting limit but I requested a CLI just before the 90 day mark (you want to with them) and I got bumped to $18,000.

My scores were 675ish, I had low inquiries and 3 credit cards that were about 18 months old with probably 20% utilization when I was approved.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Penfed included in my bankruptcy and burned them for almost 27k. Discharged last year and working on my credit now. What do you all think of my chances of getting back with them sometime in the future?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you are planning on paying them the $27k you burned them, your chances are ZERO on getting back with them.  Navy is the same way.  They dont care if you got a discharge, they dont have to let you back in.

Message 6 of 9
mspenny
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Im going to continue to smell the flowers for a few more months and then go for it. I will share the outcome.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for the PenFed Pathfinder Amex . . details over in the Credit Card Approvals forum.

Message 8 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I had Penfed included in my bankruptcy and burned them for almost 27k. Discharged last year and working on my credit now. What do you all think of my chances of getting back with them sometime in the future?

I will agree with poster @Anonymous, your chances of winning the lottery are better than getting back in with PF.  CU's will require pay back of all that was IIB before they let you back. So, unless you want to pay back that $27k to them...kiss them goodbye. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.