Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed $500 LOC reports

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Penfed $500 LOC reports

I had no idea...I joined Penfed a couple weeks or so after DC. Then on April 3 I decided to go ahead and open a checking account, and it asked me if I wanted overdraft protection. They gave me a $500 LOC. Today, it just reported on TU and gave it a 10pt bump and just reports as a LOC.

Awesome, I had no idea.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed $500 LOC reports

Congrats on getting in with PenFed Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Congratulations, and welcome to Penfed. I just joined last Sunday morning and I'm already impressed. After waiting for 2 weeks on Navy Fed with nothing but demands for proof of ID & Address I tried Penfed and after 5 minutes on online app I was in, then I called Navy Fed and told them to cancel my membership app, I'd gone with Penfed, caught it in time to save the Navy Fed TU hard pull.

I'm told by MyFico'ers who have been with Penfed for some time that your EQ credit pull for membership is good for 90 days if you want to app for any other credit with them. I app'ed for a $25k Home Equity LOC (line of credit) @4% APR, things are looking good so far.

Message 3 of 4
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congratulations, and welcome to Penfed. I just joined last Sunday morning and I'm already impressed. After waiting for 2 weeks on Navy Fed with nothing but demands for proof of ID & Address I tried Penfed and after 5 minutes on online app I was in, then I called Navy Fed and told them to cancel my membership app, I'd gone with Penfed, caught it in time to save the Navy Fed TU hard pull.

@I'm told by MyFico'ers who have been with Penfed for some time that your EQ credit pull for membership is good for 90 days if you want to app for any other credit with them. I app'ed for a $25k Home Equity LOC (line of credit) @4% APR, things are looking good so far.

Thanks....I joined back in January so my 90 days is over. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.