Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning For Recovery

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Planning For Recovery

@chasmith wrote:

Adding my thought to those of shold44...

If you discharged CapOne you may not be able to get even a secured card from them.  That was my experience, what was frustrating was that that they approved me then denied me after receiving my deposit.  (HSBC did the same thing).  There are other options.

@Unique620 wrote:

CapOne is definitely YMMV. I discharged a credit card with CapOne in 2011 and was approved for Capitol Platinum unsecured in June 2012  and a week later decided I would do a secured card as well. This was 8 months post discharge.

Had  2 HSBC credit cards IIB as well. I tried HSBC and was declined in January 2012. I later found out that one of the HSBC accounts were in system as collections and not included in BK.  Filed a bbb complaint because it was on report as well, and wasn't getting no were with HSBC by phone or with certified mail. Capital One executive office called me and fix it. 

I am glad Credit One has the pre-qualifier. They did a soft pulled and also denied me because they were IIB. Saved me a hard pull.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 11 of 13
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

When you say Apple you mean Barclays as well correct?..

I ask because I have never had an Apple credit card but Barclays was included in my BK :/
Message 12 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

The Barclays Apple card you mentioned is what I am talking about.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.