cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help any ideas to help rebuild quicker?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help any ideas to help rebuild quicker?

I am writing this because, it appears that I may be too anxious to rebuild. After a gruelling 60 month Chapter 13 I've finally been discharged. I received my discharge on Aug 30, 2016 and since then I've received a Credit One Visa Credit Card with a $300 limit and a First Premier Bank Mastercard with a $500 limit and also a loan from Springleaf financial for $2000 this is all done in an attempt to re- establish credit but, in haste I applied for an account with Synchrony Bank and was denied and penalized with a 39 point drop in my Experian score also I've employed the service of Credit Repair.com is this really needed? I haven't seen anything included in the bankruptcy come off yet. I'm also a member of Navy Federal with a secured card with a $1000 limit that's currently maxed out. Please help me with any advice.

Pre Discharge

Equifax 560, Experian 580, Transunion 555

Post Discharge

Equifax 569, Experian 545, Transunion 570

Credit One Credit card $300, First Premier Credit card $500, Springleaf financial loan $2000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Please Help any ideas to help rebuild quicker?

Rebuilding your credit is a marathon, not a race. Take a deep breath and relax Smiley Happy There is nothing that the credit repair company can do that you can't do, kick them to the curb. Most important thing right now is to stop applying for things and get your NFCU card paid off/down. If it is maxed out THAT is why your score is so low. I doubt one inquiry made a 39 point decrease.. You have 3 revolving lines and 1 installment loan which is all you need to optimize your FICO. You need to get your utilization in check and garden for a while. Good luck

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Rebuilding your credit is a marathon, not a race. Take a deep breath and relax Smiley Happy There is nothing that the credit repair company can do that you can't do, kick them to the curb. Most important thing right now is to stop applying for things and get your NFCU card paid off/down. If it is maxed out THAT is why your score is so low. I doubt one inquiry made a 39 point decrease.. You have 3 revolving lines and 1 installment loan which is all you need to optimize your FICO. You need to get your utilization in check and garden for a while. Good luck

I agree with what Scupra wrote. That NavyFed account is dragging you down! Pay it of or pay it down. Keep your utilization on CCs under 10%. The reason your credit is in the pits is due to high utilization. If you pay off or down items, you'll see the increase. Also, once you have good utilization and stop applying for things for a few months you could go back to NavyFed and ask them to do a CLI which will assist you. No point in applying for more CCs etc elsewhere, when NavyFed should be your one stop shop for loan products. I assume your APR on SpringLeaf is not the best either, possibly get your utilization down on the NavyFed card, and inquire about a personal loan with them to pay off the springleaf one since I'm betting they'll give you a better APR.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.