Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me with this Dilemma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help me with this Dilemma

On your last message u said trust me im from Texas....I work for a collection company and Texas is one of the only states in which we follow the FDCPA so your statement is very true!!!!
Message 11 of 13
wynona01
Regular Contributor

Actually what happened is Allstate cut two checks, one to the lein holder which was for 1,398.00. Which paid the car off, and the remaining check for 2,578.00 went to the trustee. Once the check posts to my account, The trustee will let my attorney know that i have "excess" funds available, i already informed my attorney to use the money to pay off my account, and once that is done i will still receive well over 1,800. The only thing i hate is the long process that it takes for me to receive my money. The good thing is that my balance will be zero and I will be done with bankruptcy. Even though they will continue to take the money from my paycheck, I will get it back once the account is closed.
Message 12 of 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Wynona, you've got things under control. Congrats on getting out of BK.

Remember that you will have the balance from Allstate and the money you will get back from your overpayment in the plan. You can also add a few hundred dollars to it, if you can save up, and get yourself a much better car. So, this has really worked out in your favor.

Let us know what car you get Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.