Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!!

tag
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Please Help!!!

My bankruptcy was discharged in 2008. In that bankruptcy I included sprint (among several other accounts). Well today I get notification from Experian that I have a new negative account account reporting.  This is the same sprint account and it looks like they have sold the account to Enhanced Recovery Corporation. What can I do?  I called the CA and was told that they would make not on the account. That is not the issue. I either want it removed And it to state on my CR that it was included in bankruptcy. They have the account with a date as of 2010 which is the date that the account was sold to them I assume. Any advice?   I offered to send over my bankruptcy papers but they declined. No help from Sprint. Well Sprint did give me a National Disputes number but when I called it was some type of a adult phone line..I'm pissed.  HELP.. Does anyone know a fax or something that I can send the info to?

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Help!!!

I think you have two options here. 

One:  Send the CA a DV.  This might make them go away.

Two:  Dispute the information with the CRA.  Send the CRA a copy of your credit report, your discharge papers from the BK which shows the Sprint account, and a simple letter explaining this debt was included in a discharged bankruptcy. 

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I suggest you post on the Bankruptcy Forum on this site.  That is where the experts reside.,

Message 3 of 7
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Thanks Tooliebell

I guess trying both wont hurt. I am willing to try anything. My credit score took a 57 pint dip.  I am freaking out.

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Moving to the BK forum.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynnBushea wrote:

My bankruptcy was discharged in 2008. In that bankruptcy I included sprint (among several other accounts). Well today I get notification from Experian that I have a new negative account account reporting.  This is the same sprint account and it looks like they have sold the account to Enhanced Recovery Corporation. What can I do?  I called the CA and was told that they would make not on the account. That is not the issue. I either want it removed And it to state on my CR that it was included in bankruptcy. They have the account with a date as of 2010 which is the date that the account was sold to them I assume. Any advice?   I offered to send over my bankruptcy papers but they declined. No help from Sprint. Well Sprint did give me a National Disputes number but when I called it was some type of a adult phone line..I'm pissed.  HELP.. Does anyone know a fax or something that I can send the info to?

If they do not list the account as IIB, that is considered a collection activity -- something you can sue them over. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

O6 wrote:  If they do not list the account as IIB, that is considered a collection activity -- something you can sue them over. 

+1.  We had someone pursue collections after our BK was discharged.  If they were notified and did not get their paperwork in to be included in the BK, or if they were included in the BK, they cannot pursue collections.

We sent them a friendly reminder letter, at the suggestion of our attorney, reminding them that they were involved in illegal activity and that we would press charges.  They did stop.  Nevertheless, it's a shock to the system when you open that original letter and see they are coming after you.  It's probably a clerical error, and when you remind them that it was included in BK and they cannot pursue collections, they will probably cease and desist.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.