cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Amex changed on Transunion 2 years after discharge!

tag
matchu
Valued Member

Please help! Amex changed on Transunion 2 years after discharge!

Hi all! I check my scores on a daily basis (I'm crazy about it!). Well my Transunion score took a huge hit and I had no idea why! So I check my report and see that Amex shows as reported 2/5/2011 and condition was changed from "paid" to "derogatory". This account was included in Chapter 7 which was discharged February of 2009! Is this legal or should I dispute it?!

Also, Capital on shows a reported date of 2/4/2011 for an account that was also included in that bankruptcy! Are they allowed to do that?!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help! Amex changed on Transunion 2 years after discharge!

Hi matchu!

Welcome to the forums - glad you're here!

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post correctly - but here's some info based on what I think is going on.

matchu wrote:

Hi all! I check my scores on a daily basis (I'm crazy about it!). Well my Transunion score took a huge hit and I had no idea why! Where are you checking your scores?  FAKO scores can dive or not - what you'll want to know if your FICO scores.

So I check my report and see that Amex shows as reported 2/5/2011 and condition was changed from "paid" to "derogatory". This account was included in Chapter 7 which was discharged February of 2009! Is this legal or should I dispute it?!  It's legal to report the account as derogatory if it is derogatory.  An "IIB" notation is considered a derogatory.  If they were included in your BK, and this is what the derogatory notation is, then it's legal and there's no reason to dispute.  There's no time period, i.e. they are not required to report it within so many days of the occurence if that's what you're questioning.

Also, Capital on shows a reported date of 2/4/2011 for an account that was also included in that bankruptcy! Are they allowed to do that?!  Reported dates are simply the dates they provided info.  Anytime there's a dispute, for example, the CRA wll ask them to verify info and they will report it at that time.  I have accounts that have been closed for a decade and still report monthly.  What they cannot do is report a balance still due on an account that was discharged through a completed BK - and they cannot report that lates occurred on a date later than the BK filing date if it was properly discharged. 

I hope that's somewhat helpful! 

It can be a surprise if something negative (a baddie) has been positively reporting and then updates with the correct info.

Lates can be reported for seven years after they occur.

And accounts can report for about ten years after they close.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.