cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, please help me w/ Verizon Wireless!!!

tag
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Please, please help me w/ Verizon Wireless!!!

Ok, when I filed for BK in Feb 2012, my lawyer asked me if I had cellular service with anyone.  I said yes, but told her that I did not want them included in the BK because I planned to keep my service with them.  She said it wouldn't affect my service at all but she had to list them as a creditor.  Shortly after filing (but before discharge), a $79 collection from Verizon showed up on my credit reports.  I called them and they said that they had to write off the amount included in BK.  Ahhh I told my laywer not to include them!! :/  Anyway, I asked them to please take it out of BK, that they were never supposed to be included, remove the collection from my files, and I would pay the $79.  They actually agreed!  So they sent me a letter saying that they were removing the collection from my credit report.  I waited and waited for them to remove it, but they never did.  So about 2 - 3 months later, I called them.  They said that they did not remove it because they did not recieve payment.  I explained that I was waiting for them to remove it and then I would pay it.  He said at this point we are not going to remove it from your file because you only had 30 days from the day you recieved the letter to pay it.  I said, WHAT?!?!  Nobody tole me that!!!  (I was NEVER told to pay within 30 days THEN they would remove it NOR was it in the letter I recieved from them.)  He said if you don't pay it, we're going to put another collection on your credit.  I paid it immediately, but he refused to remove it from my files.  The bottom line is, I have a letter from Verizon Wireless that says they are going to remove this collection from my files and I paid the amount that they say I owed.  I have tried to dispute this on every file 5 -6 times, but no one will remove it!!  Additionally, it is showing as IIB when I paid it!!!  Can anyone give me advice on how to get this removed?  It is the only baddie on my reports other than the BK itself.  I will greatly appreciate any and all advice!  

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Please, please help me w/ Verizon Wireless!!!

A lot of headache over $79.

You really thought they would remove a collection BEFORE you paid the debt?
FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 8
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

I know it's a lot of headache over $79, but I want it OFF MY REPORTS!  Yes, I did think they would remove it first because that's what the rep and I agree to.  I told her that I would be more than happy to pay them, but I wanted it taken off of my reports.  I mean, if she would have told me that I needed to pay it within 30 days OR if the letter would have stated that, I certainly would have paid it within 30 days!!  Plus, I tried to call Verizon a few times after I got the letter, but they forwarded me to the "collection dept" that closed at 6PM.  So, I tried to call them without being able to speak with someone because they closed too early.

Message 3 of 8
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Plus it is being reported as IIB when I paid it!!  I'm so upset about this!! Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrsjr wrote:

Ok, when I filed for BK in Feb 2012, my lawyer asked me if I had cellular service with anyone.  I said yes, but told her that I did not want them included in the BK because I planned to keep my service with them.  She said it wouldn't affect my service at all but she had to list them as a creditor.  Shortly after filing (but before discharge), a $79 collection from Verizon showed up on my credit reports.  I called them and they said that they had to write off the amount included in BK.  Ahhh I told my laywer not to include them!! :/ It would have been BK fraud not to include them, the law requires all known creditors to be listed whether they are current in payments or not.

Anyway, I asked them to please take it out of BK, that they were never supposed to be included, remove the collection from my files, and I would pay the $79.  They actually agreed!  They cannot agree to take it out of BK, this would again be BK fraud, the account would have needed to be re-affirmed to continue on through and after BK.

So they sent me a letter saying that they were removing the collection from my credit report.  I waited and waited for them to remove it, but they never did.  So about 2 - 3 months later, I called them.  They said that they did not remove it because they did not recieve payment.  I explained that I was waiting for them to remove it and then I would pay it.  He said at this point we are not going to remove it from your file because you only had 30 days from the day you recieved the letter to pay it.  I said, WHAT?!?!  Nobody tole me that!!!  (I was NEVER told to pay within 30 days THEN they would remove it NOR was it in the letter I recieved from them.)  He said if you don't pay it, we're going to put another collection on your credit.  I paid it immediately, but he refused to remove it from my files.  The bottom line is, I have a letter from Verizon Wireless that says they are going to remove this collection from my files and I paid the amount that they say I owed.  I have tried to dispute this on every file 5 -6 times, but no one will remove it!!  Additionally, it is showing as IIB when I paid it!!!  It doesnt matter if you paid it or not, the correct reporting is IIB. I would not be trying to use that letter to get it removed, the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud of potential BK fraud.

Can anyone give me advice on how to get this removed? GW letters to whomever is reporting it.

It is the only baddie on my reports other than the BK itself.  I will greatly appreciate any and all advice!  

Verizon did get you due to your lack of knowledge of the law, most unfortunate....

Message 5 of 8
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

It doesnt matter if you paid it or not, the correct reporting is IIB. I would not be trying to use that letter to get it removed, the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud of potential BK fraud.

Thank you for your reply.  Why would you not use the letter?  Would you just let it stay on your credit?  And what do you mean by "the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud oh potential BK fraud"?

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrsjr wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

It doesnt matter if you paid it or not, the correct reporting is IIB. I would not be trying to use that letter to get it removed, the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud of potential BK fraud.

Thank you for your reply.  Why would you not use the letter?

Would you just let it stay on your credit?

And what do you mean by "the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud oh potential BK fraud"?

This is what you said: " Shortly after filing (but before discharge), a $79 collection from Verizon showed up on my credit reports.  I called them and they said that they had to write off the amount included in BK.  Ahhh I told my laywer not to include them!! :/  Anyway, I asked them to please take it out of BK, that they were never supposed to be included". You do not get to choose who and who is not included in BK, this creditor was included by law, all are listed or not. The only one that can remove a creditor from BK is the BK judge through the reaffirmation process. You making an offer to remove it in exchange for something off your CR was a violation of trust between the court and you, it could be considered fraud. Verizon knew this yet followed through with acceptance of such, that is another violation of trust. The letter IMO cannot be used in an attempt to force if off your CRs as it was illegal to have made the offer in the first place. This type of activity can and has gotten other individuals discharges voided. Now to getting it off your report since it is reporting properly (IIB) they way its done is through GW letters to the entity that is actually reporting it. 

Message 7 of 8
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@mrsjr wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  Why would you not use the letter?

Would you just let it stay on your credit?

And what do you mean by "the entire transaction was conducted under a cloud oh potential BK fraud"?

This is what you said: " Shortly after filing (but before discharge), a $79 collection from Verizon showed up on my credit reports.  I called them and they said that they had to write off the amount included in BK.  Ahhh I told my laywer not to include them!! :/  Anyway, I asked them to please take it out of BK, that they were never supposed to be included". You do not get to choose who and who is not included in BK, this creditor was included by law, all are listed or not. The only one that can remove a creditor from BK is the BK judge through the reaffirmation process. You making an offer to remove it in exchange for something off your CR was a violation of trust between the court and you, it could be considered fraud. Verizon knew this yet followed through with acceptance of such, that is another violation of trust. The letter IMO cannot be used in an attempt to force if off your CRs as it was illegal to have made the offer in the first place. This type of activity can and has gotten other individuals discharges voided. Now to getting it off your report since it is reporting properly (IIB) they way its done is through GW letters to the entity that is actually reporting it. 

I'm speechless.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.