txangel24

Re: Post-341, Pre-Discharge of Chapter 7...trying to come up with a game plan! Need a car and furni

Ha! That just made me lol
Valued Contributor
Wanderer

Re: Post-341, Pre-Discharge of Chapter 7...trying to come up with a game plan! Need a car and furni

[ Edited ]

Truth, after a BK7 some creditors will issue credit since they know you can't file again for many years. That said, in today's employment market (forget all the hype on jobs being created - where are they geographically located and what are they minimum wage) you need caution in case you loose your unemployment and still are out of work (happened to me - lived on credit cards and got into $200K trouble). Several posters have given you ways to look at it. Speaking from my own personal experience I have been unemployed and filed BK Ch7 which took me twelve years until creditors offered me good cards so I slept on an army cot and had a card table for a long time to get by. No it was not fun! But time and patience solved the problem. Further, whatever got you into trouble needs to stay with you so the path is different for the future. Living beyond our means works when we have a job but today, nothing is for certain. Will you need to relocate to work? A question.

Frequent Contributor
Countingpennies

A beater car is only temporary, not your destiny for the rest of your life, and there are some decent ones out there. Take along a friend who's good with cars that can help you weed out the bad ones when you shop for one.
Stop the bedbug paranoia. I wouldn't buy a used mattress, but nearly all my furniture is used. Many older wood pieces are actually better-made than most new ones, and I really enjoyed refinishing. If you need an upholstered piece like a chair or sofa, just be mindful of who you are buying from. If you answer a Craigslist ad, ask where the item is located and why they are selling. Many people in affluent areas take care of their stuff and may be selling a 6-mo. old sofa on a whim, or maybe they are moving and just don't want to take everything.Just watch the ads, and take your time looking.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+