Re: Post-341, Pre-Discharge of Chapter 7...trying to come up with a game plan! Need a car and furni

Ha! That just made me lol
Super Contributor

Re: Post-341, Pre-Discharge of Chapter 7...trying to come up with a game plan! Need a car and furni

[ Edited ]

Truth, after a BK7 some creditors will issue credit since they know you can't file again for many years. That said, in today's employment market (forget all the hype on jobs being created - where are they geographically located and what are they minimum wage) you need caution in case you loose your unemployment and still are out of work (happened to me - lived on credit cards and got into $200K trouble). Several posters have given you ways to look at it. Speaking from my own personal experience I have been unemployed and filed BK Ch7 which took me twelve years until creditors offered me good cards so I slept on an army cot and had a card table for a long time to get by. No it was not fun! But time and patience solved the problem. Further, whatever got you into trouble needs to stay with you so the path is different for the future. Living beyond our means works when we have a job but today, nothing is for certain. Will you need to relocate to work? A question.

Starting Score: 798
Current Score: EX 828 TU 835 EQ 824 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

A beater car is only temporary, not your destiny for the rest of your life, and there are some decent ones out there. Take along a friend who's good with cars that can help you weed out the bad ones when you shop for one.
Stop the bedbug paranoia. I wouldn't buy a used mattress, but nearly all my furniture is used. Many older wood pieces are actually better-made than most new ones, and I really enjoyed refinishing. If you need an upholstered piece like a chair or sofa, just be mindful of who you are buying from. If you answer a Craigslist ad, ask where the item is located and why they are selling. Many people in affluent areas take care of their stuff and may be selling a 6-mo. old sofa on a whim, or maybe they are moving and just don't want to take everything.Just watch the ads, and take your time looking.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.