Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post BK Clean up/Gardening HELP!!!

tag
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Post BK Clean up/Gardening HELP!!!

Hello all,
I have several accts on CR that are duplicates how do i go about getting them removed?
Example: I have a HSBC thats in a charge off status then I have Portfolio recovery, reporting the same debt..
I guess my question is can 1 of them be removed? If so which one should i tackle the OC or the CA
The OC acount should be reporing IIB (just filed a dispute to update acct) with a schedule for deletion 4/2014 the CA is scheduled to be deleted 11/2015 .
Also I had 2 secured accts from Public Savings Bank these were tsf/sold to capital bank so instead of 2 accts i have 4 accts can a pair be deleted because of duplication?
Simply if you have a OC charge off and it goes to collection cAn one of them be deleted since its a duplicate entry.
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Post BK Clean up/Gardening HELP!!!

AFTER YOUR DISCHARGE, there should be no collection accounts and if they don't drop off on their own, you can easily have them removed. I know you're anxious to get this clean-up going, but it usually takes about 30 days past discharge for accounts to catch-up on the reporting.

If you try to fix things too soon, you could end up with some crazy things on your CRs, with cross-reporting crossed with disputes.
Message 2 of 6
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the advice i did manage to get 5 accounts removed for now, for anyone interested i was able to remove 1 collection from midland that was also a judgement the original was removed and judgement remains. 1tl that was on my CR 3 times, and 1 TL that was anthor duplicate due to public savings bank being bought out by capital bank. I think i will wait for the discharge (341 meeting tmr) to continue. Out of 33 accounts only a few were updated to IIB. So ill wait a bit maybe i wont have too much cleaning to do. Also i only disputed with experian. Still have to wait for TU and equifax.
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 3 of 6
alisabergman
New Visitor

I have been trying to clean up my credit report as well. I have managed to get quite a few items cleaned up. I spoke with a rep from Experian, and they told me that they automatically take off any judements once their has been a bankruptcy. I have also tried to dispute 3 accounts that are open collections, but say that they are reporting correctly as  discharged in Bankruptcy.

Since Bankruptcy ( discharged in October 2012) I have gotten Cap One ( 300 CL) Credit One (300 CL) Finger Hut ( 230 CL) and RC Willey (500 CL)

I have 2 secured loans ( 500 for Each one) and a Car Loan.

I am currently looking for just one more card or account to build my credit. I have used these accounts responsibly and am I in a perfect financial situation to be able to garden and pay off now. Anyone know what store card that I am able to get after bankruptcy?

Message 4 of 6
soldierpr

Funny my discharge was also last year on around June 2012 and almost have the same credit cards as you. Store cards have been somewhat difficult to acquire for me. My recommendation is to get a higher credit card limit either Cap One Cash Rewards or Navy Federal which are both BK friendly. For what it seems you been doing great with teh secured loans (which I also did) and the small credit card to build new history.Keep it up!

Starting Score: 492-TU, 480-EX FICO , 495-EQ (06/12)

Current Score: 685-TU, 625-EX FICO , 675-EQ (02/15)

Goal Score: 700
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates ?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.