Did you mean: 

Post BK FICO Payment History & Scoring

tag
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Post BK FICO Payment History & Scoring

Hello Friends, 

A quick question. 

I finally paid for an Experian FICO 08 score - 597 *OUCH* Smiley Sad (a little hard to see after all the Vantage Scores... even knowing they are FAKOs)..

Anyway, in scruitinizing the info Experian has on my accounts, I see that one of my 'factors' influencing my score for the lower, is "Too Few Accounts Reporting Positive Payment History".... I assumed that having only 2 cards for a couple months (2 month old Cap One and Limited card) was the issue, but saw under the details, that I have ZERO accounts with a payment history. 

Here's where my question comes in....

I assume that I have a FICO score because I HAD a payment history prior to my CH7 BK JAN 2015.  

But, am I in a sense "starting over" with FICO scoring because I have no accounts showing "open" for at least 6 months?  

I am confused because FICO is showing my recently opened cards on the report - but without payment history.

Should I expect my payment history not to affect my FICO for 6 months?  If not, that could be good news if it will mean a score boost at the end of that time frame. 

Or, is this just a matter of delayed reporting.  That would be weird IMO because my cards are on the report, with balances. 

Hope that made sense!  Thanks for any insight or thoughts you can share!

Pel

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Re: Post BK FICO Payment History & Scoring

*Friendly bump* Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, you said you've only had the 2  post BK cards for two months - did you charge on them and pay them? It can take 2 months for usage & payment to show up because of the billing cycles. Cap 1 does report to all 3 credit bureaus on the billing date, I don't know anything about the Limited store card.

You do have a FICO score, and 597 isn't that bad, a lot folks are in the 400s right after a BK. Just be patient.

Message 3 of 4
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the response, DaveInAZ.. 

Sorry didn't get email saying I had a reply!

I did charge and pay on 1st Cap One card.. I have charged and not paid on my 2nd Cap One (not due til next month), and my Limited Card has no charge on  yet (store is far away and I refuse pay shipping! Smiley Tongue).

All 3 are reporting tho' (I have monitoring via MyIDCare, Credit Karma & of course ia Cap One Creditwise). 

Experian is still showing "zero accounts reporting payment history" but what confuses me is that EX is showing that the accounts have reported and their balances.  It's as if the info is there for the accounts, but EX is not factoring/calculaing into the equation.  

Which made me wonder if I have a FICO score because of all my old (but closed) pre-bk accounts, but since everything was closed due to BK,  I'm starting over again - as if I have no credit at all due to this, I have to wait 6 months before payment history will actually factor into my score. 

Man, I hope that made sense...Smiley Frustrated

What do you think?

Thanks again for your comments! 

PeL

P.S.  I forgot to add that when I look under payment history, it actually shows payments/reporting for the corresponding cards/months!  So again, I wondering if history is not factoring in and if it's because of no post BK history (other than these few months reporting on new cards).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.