Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Chapter 13 Credit Reporting issues

tag
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

Post-Chapter 13 Credit Reporting issues

I have an account IIB now is reporting as if it's never been included in bankruptcy.  Its now showing as 1 month past due?  What can I do to fix this?  

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
2bRoxi

Re: Post-Chapter 13 Credit Reporting issues

I have issue too - thought I'd come to forum for advice or read suggestions. I have 2 credit cards that got included in BK 13. (small $) All other accounts report Included in WEP and stopped reporting history when the Petition was filed 2.5 years ago. They also do not report past due.
When I first started to visit myfico.com, I wondered why my score was so low because I haven't had anything that was past due 30 days in over 5 years. One day reading my myfico.com analysis of my Equifax credit report, it said you have serious delinquencies 30 and 60 days ago. I didn't understand how accounts included in BK13 were supposed to be reported, but tried to research this. What I did find is the CDIA Guidelines for reporting a Confirmed Bk 13 authored by the CRA's from what I understand in 2009. It plainly states that past due should be zero, among other things.
Any attorney post I found clearly explains the same information. So armed with that I first asked the CRA's to remove the inaccurate information. Only one complied and my score improved beyond what I imagined. I realized these two banks were holding my credit score hostage. I'm now in the process of trying to get the other 2 CRA's to fix my reports to not report any past dues at the very least. One CRA said they could if I sent the proper documentation - my Schedule F from the BK13. I did this but to this date the dispute is still pending two weeks now?
The other CRA refused any documentation saying they only go by what the furnisher provides. Even if it's wrong? Well I have sent certified mail-ret receipts to the banks and since I've begun this disputing, the two banks have resorted to reporting even more derogatory and FALSE information on my reports. Claims I filed BK 13 in May 2013, June 2013 and July 2103. One has now reported history months before I filed as CO's that used to be reported as OK. I filed BK 13 in 1-2011. My reports went from 'Pd as agreed - never late - Current' to COLLECTIONS - serious past dues - charged off. Yet they receive payments from the Trustee!

Spoke with an attorney from myfaircredit.com who I was referred to during a query search for help - on the phone who signs off as councilmen Consumer Protection who emailed me asking me to send him my docs and reports, then asked me to call him. When I did he said he didn't have a chance to review my material but began to admonish me for wanting the two credit cards to reflect the TRUTH on my credit reports. He said, you were insolvent and you want to remove the negative information as if you never defaulted on them. Well that's too bad. Filing bankruptcy gives you bad credit. This is like asking me to sue a company for reporting you owe $251 when you complain you only owe $250! You can't do anything until your BK 13 is DISCHARGED. Stunned, I hung up. I filed BK 13 due to old back taxes from unemployment that I could never repay in this lifetime and never defaulted on these accounts. One bank received $350 payment from me on two occasions the month I filed. The other received a statement payoff of $251 two days before I filed the Petition. I didn't have to do that! And yet that one still got in a $79 claim on my BK13 and now reports past due of $126! YES - I wonder where those claims come from.
Now I ask you just when and how much does the FCRA laws NOT apply to people who had the unfortunate experience of filing Chapter 13?
I'm upset but I'm not going to go down without a fight because I know this is the right thing to do. Zero them out! Nothing was past due prior to filing or after filing and I have the credit reports to prove it.
Message 2 of 4
Impacted

Following a 30 year flawless credit history I had no alternative but to file Chapter 13 following the downturn des[ite every effort to avoid it.  As unfortunate it was and as worthless I feel and felt as a result, I've got 8 months to go in my 100% plan. My Experian score is 50 pts less than the other two.  The reason is the same as yours in that 2 accounts show past due balances despite the account balances showing as zero.  Isnt that a theoretical impossibility?  Experian says this information has been verified.   The other two CRA's show zero across the board but the last report date is later.  I've written to the banks requesting an update and correction.  I'm not holding my breath because its plain to see how the banks are empowered to trounce all over us.  I hate to be negative, but as a realist I see this disgraceful treatment. my experiences prove that point.  My home mortgage with monster Chase (did I say that?)  also showed past due years back in the beginning of the filing and even though as a priority debtor they were paid up to date in the first few months, my credit reports showed past due.  When dispiuted, I was told Chase verified the information.  I wrote Chase, called Chase, wrote Chase called Chase, and oh yes called Chase and wrote Chase, and eventully they reported the truth. 

I have a 34 year old business and now have a substantial net worth.  Own valuable commercial real estate with 25% debt to equity have never ever missed a payment on the business mortgage.  Tried to refinance at lower market interst rates expecting to pay a premium, but the answer is no. I could save 2500/month just by refinancing this property (again with a flawless payment history) based on market interst rates and recasting the balance over a new 15 year term.  But Chase say NO, Suffer.  Home Mortgage with Chase - refinance? Harp?  NO Suffer.  I dont have health insurance, dont spend a cent, am repaying my debt earnestly, was no dead beat before the fiasco, But I guess am considered a third class citizen because what they created tripped me up.  Oh well. I know who I am. 8 more months, and I hope to rebuild my life and personal esteem back up.  I'm not really interested in very much credit, but have always managed it wisely and my debt and filing was not a result of wreckless and wasteful spending.  I think I've gotten off track -- Sorry.  I think its important to pay your bills consistenly and on time.  I think this scoreing, reporting and bank manipulation of credit scores is whack and  deserves a careful amount of respect.   I'll update here if I am succesful in getting the past due reporting corrected.

Message 3 of 4
2bRoxi

I had to delete my original reply - lest I be .....I'll just say, that this current system is a mouth piece for the big bullies who run it. No careful amount of respect needed for them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.