Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Chapter 13, but short selling--advice needed pretty please

tag
cyrece02
New Visitor

Post Chapter 13, but short selling--advice needed pretty please

Filed Chapt 13 so that we could include surrendering our home and short sell.   Paid everything off in 15 months and dischared 12/13.  

So I'm now starting to try to rebuild our credit.  However, we still haven't completed our short sale.   Should I wait until this closes as they are still reporting as late/past due? Or should I move on? I was thinking of getting a secured CC from our CU first, but we have received alot of preoffers.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

I have read and read on these forums and I don't want to make a mistake but alot of topics are geared towards Chapter 7 in this arena. 

Thanks again

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Post Chapter 13, but short selling--advice needed pretty please

You can short sale your home since it already is included in the Ch 13. When you short sale a property already included in Bk, all you are doing is 'finishing' the transition of the property from you to another party (the bank in a f/c or another buyer in the case of a short sale). This is like doing the other half of the transition. It won't affect your credit because the tradeline should already read iib and zero balance, right?

You don't have to wait to get a credit card. You can apply now.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.