Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Chapter 7 Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post-Chapter 7 Advice

Hi everyone, first would like to thank this website for all the information it offers. I've spent some time looking through a lot and it's really helped me. 

When I was younger I was very irresponsible with credit and got deep into debt with no way to pay it all off. Was getting paid very minimal at the time and it would have taken me 20+ years to eventually pay off, plus one of the motorcycle loans I had, vehicle was totaled and did not have full coverage. And for whatever reason, the bank at the time approved me for another bike! boy that was a mistake.

CH7 Discharge 12/10/2011

Honda Motors $3000 (All Terrain Vehicle)

HSBC $8800 (Motorcycle)

HSBC $12000 (Motorcycle)

Chase $1000

Capital One $1000

So now just about 4 years post CH7 I didn't really start rebuilding until 2013 when I received a secured capital one card.

Capital One Secured $500 CL (only put about $100 on every month, then pay in full)

Capital One QuickSilver $2000 CL (never more than 30% util)

Auto Loan, roughly $10,000 left now - started at $13000 may 2014. Was able to receive a loan with a hefty down payment but got the remainder financed @ 1.9% APR.

I am yet to pull my score anywhere else but Credit Karma yet but they are reporting @ 660 TU and 665 EQ. Just looking for some advice to possible boost my scores a little more? I have not had any lates and I do not let anything go above 30% util. Much easier to pay debts off now after having two solid jobs for 5+ years (1 is part time) making about 50K/year. This time next year or year after I plan on trying to buy a house with my fiance (Getting married this year), she has great credit but I'm sure if I can get mine up a bit more it would certainly help for better rates.

Thanks everyone for reading!

-R

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Post-Chapter 7 Advice

Welcome 2 the forum !!!!!!
You are most definitely in he right place for answers and guidance...I'd say coming here is the best start for ya... I am sure the experts will weigh in on your post and give great advice.....
Good Luck on your upcoming marriage and your credit journey.....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the kind words. It feels good to see my scores gradually going up every month. I'm glad I filed when I did, didn't want my history to haunt me any longer than it had to.

I'm going to pick up a 3rd card soon and hopefully with a decent CL it'll boost my scores even more! Have a good night!
Message 3 of 4
jolof

Hello,

Can I sell my house and keep the money that I made from the sale?

Discharged was Sept 2014 and I did reaffirmed my house

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.