Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Discharge Blues

tag
approvedbyme
Valued Member

Re: Post Discharge Blues

Will do....thanks....no more applications... .Scouts honor!
Filed Ch.7 6/3/2014 Meeting of Creditors 7/8/2014
Discharge date:9/15/2014 Credit Scores Currently as of 9/24/2014
Experian 655
Eqifax:664
Transunion: 664 all lender pulled Oct. 2014

Message 11 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Creditwiser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your progress!

"10 just append for Barclays Apple....credit limit 2000... I'm so done applying...."

How long were you discharged before you app'ed for Barclay's Apple? I'm struggling with when to submit my app. I just hit the 6 month post-discharge milestone. Scores in the low 600's.

Thanks!

Ive read on here that Barclays wants to see minimum 9 months of good history post discharge. 12 is even better, 

Minimum of 6 months with 1 year being better Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 18
Marvelousone
New Contributor

So I'm curious about the Apple Barclays?  Is the BK showing up on your cr?  My discharge was in 2009 and I'm scared to apply, however I have a FHA mortgage that I've had now for over 2 years and re-fied once, I got approval for a new car lease and still can't seem to get credit in certain places.  I do have a capital one platium with a $3500 limit and another capital one with $750...haven't had a late in 5 years on anything.  Thanks for advice...I also had a score of 780 before BK..it's ugly business gone bad in 2008...

Message 13 of 18
approvedbyme
Valued Member

YES....most definitely the Ch.7 is showing up on my credit file. That was also one of the questions that the CSR asked about when I called the back door number for an increase. Besides, I have only been out of bankruptcy for 8 months. I must say I was heavy on the app'ing which I must say only 3 denials were given to me during the process of rebuilding. The first one was Walmart, Barclays Rewards (got a little cocky) and Amazon. I went against the grain a little bit. But, now I have all I need to rebuild and maintain. I'm done applying. My next purchase will be a home next year.

Experian 655

Message 14 of 18
approvedbyme
Valued Member

What was your rebuild process like? I really didn't wait to rebuild and only because I wanted everything that I applied for to age at the same time as well as the inquires to fall off within the same time range.

Experian 655

Message 15 of 18
Marvelousone
New Contributor

I have to say I went slow and now that I'm reading the forums I probably should have started earlier but let's be honest,,,I got in CC trouble because it was so easy to obtain, our house was increasing in value so fast somewhere in my mind I thought I would be able to pay it off...then 2008 hit and well we all know that story. 

I was/am a spender and I admit it and after opening a business that went upside down when the country went upside down and traveling like a rich person and shopping shopping shopping all bought on huge credit lines.... and btw I have a great career and make really good money....didn't matter used the credit instead..... I think I've learned a valuable lesson...credit is only good for emergencies and big purchases like cars and homes...so those of us in this BK mess have to be very careful... I have for the last 6 years lived within my means with a little crazy thrown in for good measure..but life is simple and much better I owe a mortgage and a car lease that's it....whew it takes a mountain to fall on my stupid head....

I'm not preaching and don't want to offend anyone especially if your problem was medical bills or out of your control but for me too much credit is like an alcoholic owning a bar...Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 18
beezer32
Regular Contributor

My scores all tanked about 50 pts into the low 500's immediately after filing. Of course, they were in the 550's pre petition, so I didn't lose much. Nonetheless, it does suck to see your score do anything on the negative end. It's all part of the process though. Just be patient and rebuild slowly. I'm with you there. =)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I filed I had 3 120 day lates reporting. They immediately went to Ch 7 filed status. My very large balances went to $0 and my scores shot up on every CRA

Your situation right before filing has a lot to do with how your scores react.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.