Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post discharge life

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post discharge life

Hi all,

I have read the SM thread on post discharge life but had a few questions I wanted to bring to the floor:

I received my discharge 10 days ago and last week was approved for a Capital One Quicksilver rewards card ($300 limit).  I applied for a Credit One but was denied.  My question is should I be in the market to open another card?  If so, which card should I try to open?  Or, should I linger with the one card for now and down the road explore opening another card.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Post discharge life

Have you gone through your credit reports with a fine tooth comb to confirm everything is reporting accurately? That is the 1st step.

From what I have heard, a denial with Credit One may be a blessing in disquise.

It's been many years since our BK13 Discharge (filed 2005, completed and discharged 2010) so I'm not really in the loop of which cards are good to start with, so others will chime in, but just wanted to emphasize the importance of cleaning up your reports first.

good luck!

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thank you so much!!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update-

My Experian report shows 3 accounts in collection, but does show a $0 balance.

I have already requested my reports on annualcreditreport.com prior to BK so I am unable to get them again

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.