cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potentially Negative Info keeps popping up...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Potentially Negative Info keeps popping up...

I have USAA's CreditCheck (thru Experian) for $12.95/month which I use to keep track (in addtion to Credit Karma which is free).

I get alerts to score changes, any inquiries, and lately with Potentially Negative Info which shows....

Capital One 5/4/15 $0

Capital One 5/11/15 $0

and today Capital One 7/8/15 $0

What is Capital One trying to do? Would this affect my credit score since the alerts says "Potentially Negative"

It is just one Capital One account. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

P.S. I was checking my credit reports to make sure all of my BK7 are included and $0 balance. Oh at the same time my credit score jumped 56 points to 610 (experian)!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Potentially Negative Info keeps popping up...

Need a little more info.  You're getting alerts about Capital One right?  From who, USAA of CK?  What is the alert telling you?  You're saying $0 balance so if its showing IIB then its reporting correctly.  

Message 2 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Don't worry about it.

For whatever reason, Experian (via third parties) is odd like this.  When the whole Target Data Breach happened and I got the free year of credit monitoring via ProtectMyID, I got these odd "Potentially Negative Information" alerts daily...turns out they are nothing...  Pull a true Experian credit report and you will see that there is of no concern.  All will be pulling correctly.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 7
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

I too have this problem with Capital One and a Barclays account which was included in my BK...

According to what I hear this reporting of "charge-off" will affect your ability to qualify for credit with them and they're not suppose to be reporting "charge-off" on the status.. they're suppose to report Status: Close and/or Paid and Balance of $0 as well as IIB...

So far I haven't been able to get the CRA to change this on my reports and when I call the OC they state that the accounts are no longer theirs and they can't do anything about it anymore.. but they need to report "Closed" and IIB as well as a balance of $0 but each time they keep updating it is in fact hurting you...

My CR is showing updates from some accounts in July 2015 and from what I hear all accounts IIB aren't suppose to be updating or reporting anything after the d/c of the BK

I could be wrong but these are my .02 cents of info.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is normal yet annoying...i included USAA in my ch7 and my reports alerts says "a new account is now reporting" then sometimes it says "an account no longer is reporting"

Seriously!! but yeah...now, macys is showing the same, it says i've been late on paying as of May/2015 (also include din bk in 2010).  Talked to macys and they said to fax a letter to them that it was included in bk so they can fix that and report the right thing.

Message 5 of 7
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

Tell me about it... I thought once d/c I would be relieved of stress but this CRA matter is beyond frustrating :/

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the good thing is that everything you include in Ch7, gets remove from credit reports at the 7 yr mark...might be able to do an early removal at 6 yrs 9 months.  Of course the Ch7 will stay for 10 but might be able to do an early removal as well at 9 yrs 9 months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.