cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

I would think twice before closing Barclays. Every time I get a CLI, I call and get a APR reduction. It has worked every time. My Barclay cards are my oldest post bankruptcy cards.
Message 261 of 278
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I have, but no dice. 

I assumed it was bc of my BK and I would never get preapproved. Now according to your experience, I was wrong lol. It is possible Smiley Very Happy

I'm satisfied with my rebuild thus far. I just got Discover (unsecured) this month after being denied in July for the secured Discover. As long as I see progress, I'm happy. Once I get in with Amex, I'll be extremely happy and finished lol! 

I will plan to close Barclays and Marvel at that point. 

You might start doing the pre-qual offers in March and see what shows up.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 262 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just nervous I'm going to spook Barclays. I received my first sp CLI and apr reduction from them this month @Guy. 

I will I'll definitely start checking for preapprovals @sjt. 

Message 263 of 278
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@I'm just nervous I'm going to spook Barclays. I received my first sp CLI and apr reduction from them this month @Anonymous. 

@I will I'll definitely start checking for preapprovals @sjt

Make sure you are "opt-in."

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 264 of 278
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I never had a preapproval from AMEX although I was instantly approved for the 1st two AMEX cards I applied for. And this was also 8 years post BK btw.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 265 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this thread was EPIC!  After researching prime cards into the wee hours, I found this and didn't stop reading until I had finished all 27 pages.  Good thing it is Sunday, so that I can sleep now.  I want to thank the OP.  I don't recall him being one of the famous personalities here, but he is a MVP for what he put together here.  Bizarre that this thread has taken a long break, as it refutes some common beliefs I had read throughout the night during my searches.  

This thread actually compelled me to take action 5 or 6 months before I had planned to, and do an application(and maybe more later).  More on that after Ive had some rest, in a different thread.

I'm curious if anyone else would like to contribute any experiences.  I'm most interested in folks who have included Chase, Discover, and/or Bank of America in a chapter 7, and tried to get back in with them, regardless of outcome.  The amount you owed on each account(I dont want to sound judgmental by saying "burned them for") and approximate time after the bankruptcy that you applied would be very helpful.   

I'm also curious if any of these IIB recons required proof of income?  I think I saw it mentioned once in the thread, but who knows how often it happened without mention.  

Thanks again to the OP, both the thread and your self-testing and pushing the boundaries of what was accepted possibility were epic.  I know you said your wallet was complete, but I hope you will come out of retirement to do some more occsional testing.  Congratulations!

Message 266 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny reading my post from almost 6 months ago and how my profile has changed. 

Im officially back with Amex. 

Message 267 of 278
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Now that I'm back in American Express and have a credit card with PNC, I just don't see the need to pursue Chase or Citi.

I hope SoulMaster is still keeping up with these threads. It's been a while since I've seen him post.

Guyatthebeach

Message 268 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no need for Chase or citi either now.....I may end up with Chase depending on what they do with spg. 

Message 269 of 278
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I have no need for Chase or citi either now.....I may end up with Chase depending on what they do with spg. 

I agree with you 100% on that. My CU cards have the best rates and perks are almost the same,

Message 270 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.