cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

Thank You SM!  I was really surprised that I got that close to getting approved for chase.  So, are they allowed to ADD That to my CR AFTER my discharge?  Again, EX doesn't have them at all.  I did call them one time (about 2 weeks ago) and asked if they would GW them off the report since they where IIB, and the rep told me that I had to take that up with TU and EQ.  hmmm, but this is what the TL looks like...

http://imageshack.com/a/img31/1011/xu9f.jpg

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 91 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Those look valid an accurate to me.  Valid and accurate is allowed, regardless of when it appears.  Like I said, it doesn't surprise me that it's on 2 of 3.  There is no "on one, on all" requirement.

Based on their status, they shouldn't be effecting your scores.  Are they?

If you want a second opinion on this, I'd still call an FCRA attorney.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 92 of 278
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Ty again!!  I figured they were allowed to add that. Ugh lol.   I know my ex FICO is 615 and TU and EQ is like 570-580

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 93 of 278
mskarma
New Contributor

Approved for Discover and was given my current highest limit $2,000

1. Had you ever had a Disco (or were an AU on a Disco) before? No before bk, added as AU on DH card post BK

2. Was your secured NFCU card still on your CRs? Never had any secured cards

3. Did you have any Inq's that were less than 6mo old? No

4. How many total Inq's did you have on whatever Disco pulled? 4

5. Did you have at least 1 revolving TL that was more than 6 mo old that showed monthly useage and PIF every month? Yes

6. Did you have at least 1 installment TL that was more than 6mo old with perfect payment history? Yes (student loans)

7. When you apped, were you at least 12 months post-filing? (not discharge, discharge doesn't matter in this case... filing does) Yes (3 years)

Finally, if you don't mind sharing, do you know your DTI ratio when you apped? Not sure of total DTI but, UTL was around 20% (5% mine 15% from AU accounts)

Message 94 of 278
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

the day after i close on my house i will join this.....discover first then chase then any suggestions?

Message 95 of 278
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I decided to apply and was approved for Discover and was given a credit limit of $1,000, this was about 2 years post BK7, I did not start rebuilding until 1 year after discharge.

1. Had you ever had a Disco (or were an AU on a Disco) before? Never had Discover before BK and was not an AU

2. Was your secured NFCU card still on your CRs? Never had any secured cards

3. Did you have any Inq's that were less than 6mo old? No

4. How many total Inq's did you have on whatever Disco pulled? 2

5. Did you have at least 1 revolving TL that was more than 6 mo old that showed monthly useage and PIF every month? Yes

6. Did you have at least 1 installment TL that was more than 6mo old with perfect payment history? Yes, Secured loan from credit union

7. When you apped, were you at least 12 months post-filing? (not discharge, discharge doesn't matter in this case... filing does) Yes (2 years)

Finally, if you don't mind sharing, do you know your DTI ratio when you apped? My DTI was always low around 2% , Since I rarely carried any balance on my credit cards

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 96 of 278
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@somotao wrote:

I decided to apply and was approved for Discover and was given a credit limit of $1,000, this was about 2 years post BK7, I did not start rebuilding until 1 year after discharge.

1. Had you ever had a Disco (or were an AU on a Disco) before? Never had Discover before BK and was not an AU

2. Was your secured NFCU card still on your CRs? Never had any secured cards

3. Did you have any Inq's that were less than 6mo old? No

4. How many total Inq's did you have on whatever Disco pulled? 2

5. Did you have at least 1 revolving TL that was more than 6 mo old that showed monthly useage and PIF every month? Yes

6. Did you have at least 1 installment TL that was more than 6mo old with perfect payment history? Yes, Secured loan from credit union

7. When you apped, were you at least 12 months post-filing? (not discharge, discharge doesn't matter in this case... filing does) Yes (2 years)

Finally, if you don't mind sharing, do you know your DTI ratio when you apped? My DTI was always low around 2% , Since I rarely carried any balance on my credit cards

what was the apr and your scores if you do not mind

Message 97 of 278
somotao
Frequent Contributor

My APR is currently 19.9% however, when i applied for the card I was given an introductory rate of 3.9% for the first 6 months.  The interest rate does not bother me at all since I do not carry a balance on my card.   My credit scores at the time of application were around 650.

Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 98 of 278
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I am tacking on to this thread if anybody gets approved for an AMEX with a BK reporting. The Delta AMEX card is pretty much the only thing I want since I only fly Delta and I would love to rack up some miles.

I've chatted with the AMEX customer service reps a few times about their policy on BKs and they all have given me the same prepackaged answer....."we consider the whole credit picture and don't have a specific time frame"...blah, blah, blah

My BK turns seven in January so I'm inclined to wait until then and try. However I don't mind jumping the gun if there is a chance that I might be successful!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 99 of 278
somotao
Frequent Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

I am tacking on to this thread if anybody gets approved for an AMEX with a BK reporting. The Delta AMEX card is pretty much the only thing I want since I only fly Delta and I would love to rack up some miles.

I've chatted with the AMEX customer service reps a few times about their policy on BKs and they all have given me the same prepackaged answer....."we consider the whole credit picture and don't have a specific time frame"...blah, blah, blah

My BK turns seven in January so I'm inclined to wait until then and try. However I don't mind jumping the gun if there is a chance that I might be successful!!!!

Would sure love to get the Delta AMEX card too but I am sure i have a few more years to wait.....In the meantime I am going to try and get a Chase card when I hit the 4 year mark later this year. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Message 100 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.