cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

For Wells Fargo Bank you bk just needs to be discharged. Also no unpaid liens.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 81 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@ChicagoGirl2014 wrote:

Playthegame... How many years post BK do you need to get the Wells Fargo secured card?

SO not a prime card!  (Doesn't really belong in this thread).

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 82 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@ChicagoGirl2014 wrote:

So Zora, you were able to get an AMEX with your BK still reporting then?  

This is pretty consistent once you're 7years+ post BK and all the other baddies have fallen off.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Message 83 of 278
zora

I was at about 5 year mark. I also was not approved by american express itself but by first national bank of Omaha american express if that makes a difference.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 84 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@zora wrote:

I was at about 5 year mark. I also was not approved by american express itself but by first national bank of Omaha american express if that makes a difference.

Ahh yes... that's an Amex Network card.  Like the USAA Amex or the Barclays Amex.  They have the Amex logo, but they're not "true" American Express cards.

The ones that are specifically declined are the Amex cards issued by Centurion Bank (Amex) themselves.

These: 

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/compare?sj_tabToOpen=3&inav=menu_cards_pc_viewallcard...

-SM

Message 85 of 278
zora

I had an Am Ex platinum before BK and I closed the Account with a 0 balance a few months before filing for BK. I did not include them since there was a zero balance but they and a few others that I had a zero balance with ishow on my credit report as included in BK. That is why I applied at first national of Omaha for the am ex. They have been great with a 6500CL and a low interest rate. 

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 86 of 278
penguin11
Valued Member

@zora

Were you approved for the Blue or Graphite One?

Message 87 of 278
Scupra
Super Contributor

@zora wrote:

I had an Am Ex platinum before BK and I closed the Account with a 0 balance a few months before filing for BK. I did not include them since there was a zero balance but they and a few others that I had a zero balance with ishow on my credit report as included in BK. That is why I applied at first national of Omaha for the am ex. They have been great with a 6500CL and a low interest rate. 

Did you check the very first box on the application that says, "Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcy."?   Awesome limit and congrats btw

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 88 of 278
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

I appd for the Chase Freedom today.  I will admit that I have like 16-20 INQ on TU and EQ, mostly new, but some older before my CH 7 BK was discharged in feb 2013.  I have 4 positive TL open now for almost a year on all of them.  They do carry balances, around 40-50% Util.  I got the 30 day message and I figured I would be auto denied, but called for REcon and the first guy was like it was denied for bk and that was all they could do..... I called back a 2nd time and talked to a very nice lady and she re-opened the app and HP TU and EX (so got triple dinged) and was going over it and was like basically she couldnt tell me the "exact time since BK" that they like, cuz she couldn't tell me that info, but said they are told to say re-establishment.  She said I was doing great with that, but to pull the util down a bit more, but was well on my way.  So, I think its VERY possible to get approved for the freedom card after a year dishcharged.  She informed me that some collection agency added 2 files that were IIB, but they added them 8 months after it was discharged and they are only on TU and EQ, but not EX...WTH??

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 89 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Deltadog03 wrote:

I appd for the Chase Freedom today.  I will admit that I have like 16-20 INQ on TU and EQ, mostly new, but some older before my CH 7 BK was discharged in feb 2013.  I have 4 positive TL open now for almost a year on all of them.  They do carry balances, around 40-50% Util.  I got the 30 day message and I figured I would be auto denied, but called for REcon and the first guy was like it was denied for bk and that was all they could do..... I called back a 2nd time and talked to a very nice lady and she re-opened the app and HP TU and EX (so got triple dinged) and was going over it and was like basically she couldnt tell me the "exact time since BK" that they like, cuz she couldn't tell me that info, but said they are told to say re-establishment.  She said I was doing great with that, but to pull the util down a bit more, but was well on my way.  So, I think its VERY possible to get approved for the freedom card after a year dishcharged.  She informed me that some collection agency added 2 files that were IIB, but they added them 8 months after it was discharged and they are only on TU and EQ, but not EX...WTH??

That's a really good summary on Chase, and some garbage news about the collections.  The news doesn't suprise me, however,  debt collectors are worthless.  Also, I don't think I've ever in my life seen 3 reports that all have identical information, so that doesn't shock me either.

I'd give them one courtesy call (log it) and if the collections aren't removed within 72 hours of that call, call up a local FCRA attorney and get yourself some free scratch. ($1000/TL/Report, your Chase denial letter will suffice as evidence.)

-SM

Message 90 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.