Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress

tag
Fordstacie
Established Member

Progress

I was discharged last month. I started cleaning up my credit reports while awaiting discharge. After discharge I waited long enough to get all the CR's reporting accurately, all accounts IIB and zero balances. I had to go ahead a get a car, I waited as long as I could. I was approved today for 25k 11% APR, which was lower than I expected fresh out of discharge ( I will refinance with my credit union in 6 months), I also open the credit builder loan last week, and finally after applying for a pre-approval I got from Capital One last month and we denied, I recon through their facebook, got a call from the EO (nice guy named Elliot), I was approved for a Quick Silver for $500! I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Now time to pay on time, garden for a while, and watch things grow!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Progress

@Fordstacie wrote:

I was discharged last month. I started cleaning up my credit reports while awaiting discharge. After discharge I waited long enough to get all the CR's reporting accurately, all accounts IIB and zero balances. I had to go ahead a get a car, I waited as long as I could. I was approved today for 25k 11% APR, which was lower than I expected fresh out of discharge ( I will refinance with my credit union in 6 months), I also open the credit builder loan last week, and finally after applying for a pre-approval I got from Capital One last month and we denied, I recon through their facebook, got a call from the EO (nice guy named Elliot), I was approved for a Quick Silver for $500! I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Now time to pay on time, garden for a while, and watch things grow!

Congrats on your hard work! Now that you have the auto loan you don't really need the credit builder loan. Don't pay interest on that rebuilder loan for longer than needed. Nice job on recon with Capital One!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.