Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proofs of Claim Question Ch. 13

tag
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Proofs of Claim Question Ch. 13

Hey all,

I'm coming up on the deadline for proofs of claim in my Chapter 13 case on January 3rd, and with a week to go there are still 3 unsecured creditors for about $8500 (all credit cards) that have not filed a POC.  What happens if they don't file one?  Does that mean I don't have to pay them?  I'm on a 100% plan, so it wouldn't impact how much the other creditors get.  My plan is confirmed, payments have been coming out of my paycheck for a few months now, and the first payment to my attorney has been paid, so there's not really any other administrative stuff that I'm aware of.

thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proofs of Claim Question Ch. 13

If a creditor doesn't file a proof of claim, that creditor will not get paid in a CH13 bankruptcy. You may want to consider filing on the creditor's behalf if it is something you want to get paid, such as a nondischargable debt like student loan debt.

Otherwise, you luck out and they don't get paid.

Message 2 of 3
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: Proofs of Claim Question Ch. 13

Cool, thanks.  The deadline passed and those 3 didn't file claims, so I guess now my plan will end about 9 months early and save me about $8500!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.