cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Discharge Process

tag
fan4nascar

Question About Discharge Process

I recently made my last payment into our Chapter 13 plan. On 02/05/2016, we received our Plan Completion Report and the Certification of Plan Completion and Request for Discharge. We signed the Certification and it was filed with the trustee on 02/09/2016. My question is how long from the filing of the Certification (02/09) will it take to receive the actual discharge? I found in the Local Rules for the Eastern District of Kentucky the following: (c) Time for Responses. Any response to the Certification of Plan Completion and Request for Discharge must be filed within 14 days after the certification is filed. Does that mean the discharge should come shortly thereafter? The reason I ask is we are needing a new car and that's all we're waiting on. According to the dealership our scores are in the 680-690 range, so we should be good to go on that front. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Discharge Process

I got mine 22 days after I sent in my certification.
Message 2 of 5
fan4nascar

Thank you so much for your response. Everything I read is in "legaleeze" and makes things so much more confusing. Now the problem is the car dealership ran a "hard inquiry" on my credit report when they specifially said, and we asked repeatedly to confirm, that it would be a soft pull. I wouldn't particularly care except we're renting a car on Friday and I know they take a look at your credit too. I just don't want to be dinged too much...I should have remembered why I hate buying a new car :-)....

Message 3 of 5
fan4nascar

@Anonymous wrote:
I got mine 22 days after I sent in my certification.

Thank you so much for your response. Everything I read is in "legaleeze" and makes things so much more confusing. Now the problem is the car dealership ran a "hard inquiry" on my credit report when they specifially said, and we asked repeatedly to confirm, that it would be a soft pull. I wouldn't particularly care except we're renting a car on Friday and I know they take a look at your credit too. I just don't want to be dinged too much...I should have remembered why I hate buying a new car :-)....

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm not mistaken, I think car rentals are soft pulls, so they probably won't show up on your report... Unless things have changed recently. I rented a car in July and it was just a soft pull the , at least.
I'm in the market for a new car soon too. I bet it is gonna be a frustrating experience haha. I am hoping I can get an easy pre-qual from Capital One to save me some hard pulls and aggravation at the dealership.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.