Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question! Help needed please!

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Question! Help needed please!

My husband owed the department of labor $400ish dollars from a very long time ago. He paid majority of it but once we broke down and finally decided to file chapter 7 we were informed not to pay it anymore.

Ok so moving forward to post DC. Last night we filed our taxes and a question came up of the labor department agency taking a portion of the refund. I didn't remember seeing Department of Labor on our bankruptcy schedule I just see Department of Taxation. We did owe state tax as well. I was under the impression this fell under that umbrella.

Gosh I'm hoping they won't take it since we were recently discharged and filed taxes so closely to that date. When I called the agency I was not able to obtained detailed but some.

My question is does it need to say the exact agency name or just the State of NJ Division of Taxation? Or would this information fall under one umbrella as it's State benefits involved from many many years ago. This was not fraud by my husband he worked for temp agency and failed to dispute when he had the chance.

Please no judgemental comments as it's hard enough going through this...

I hope this makes sense and appreciate any insight.

Sorry for grammatical errors, using mobile
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question! Help needed please!

Got it sorted. Thanks!
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.