Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Auto Loan...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Auto Loan...

I've had 5 auto loans in my life (in the last 17 years, 1 used, 4 new) all has been paid on time, never late, never repo. I filed for BK7 in April and discharged last month including my auto loan which I still pay for (It's almost paid off).

I wonder if Bank use credit score and/or auto score? I mean I never heard of Auto score before someone brought that up which is different. How does that work exactly?

Thanks y'all

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Auto Loan...

From what I understand the auto versions of FICO weighs past auto loans more than say your FICO 8 score.  So the better your auto loans are on your reports, paid, no lates, no repos, then your auto score should be ok.  If you're shopping for a new auto loan, some banks may use the auto version and some may not.  Also there are different versions of the auto score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm interesting. Thank you, Christoph8 Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I understand the auto versions of FICO weighs past auto loans more than say your FICO 8 score.  So the better your auto loans are on your reports, paid, no lates, no repos, then your auto score should be ok.  If you're shopping for a new auto loan, some banks may use the auto version and some may not.  Also there are different versions of the auto score.

That's correct.

I had 2 previous auto loans (used) with no issues always PAA prior to buying my new Challenger in January.

EQ FICO 8 was 691.

EQ auto FICO was 709.

Ch 13 from 2009 is still on the reports for a few more months.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks too, TRC_WA :-)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.