Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CR after BK?

tag
mskarma
New Contributor

Question about CR after BK?

I have three collection accounts on my credit that state they were IIB.  I was told by someone that the collection accounts should not appear on my credit report if I included the original creditor in my bankruptcy.  Is this true? The accounts were sent to collections before  I filed, I don't know if that matters.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Question about CR after BK?

They usually go away, but there's no hard and fast rule that they have to as long as they're valid and accurate.

In this case valid and accurate means:

IIB

$0 balance

Closed

The $0/Closed is what makes them go away.  Also, they aren't zero (and normally don't go away) until they're actually discharged.

If there's anything wrong (like they're showing a balance), dispute them or call an FCRA attorney in your state.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.