Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Credit Reports* Updated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Credit Reports* Updated

So I have a question regarding my credit reports. I filed BK July 1st 2014, I was DC 10/30/2014. During this time frame I had a CC through my credit union, capital one and an auto lease with Nissan. I didnt not want to keep the lease so I stopped paying. My credit union was going to close all my accounts so I had to pay the balance in order to keep my checking and saving. That was paid off and closed the same month I filed BK (July) I have pulled my reports from myFICO and I have 5 late payments. 

Experian report states that my Capital One and my Credit Union CC was 90 days late in October

My lease with Nissan is mark 30/60/90 lates Sept-Oct 

What is the best way for me to go about getting these removed? I thought that when you are in the automatic stay period it couldnt be marked as late? And I dont understand how my credit union CC is marked that way when it was closed in July? Any thoughts/ suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

Experian is the only report with these items marked this way.

My current scores ar Ex 625, TU 607 EQ 625

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Credit Reports

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have a question regarding my credit reports. I filed BK July 1st 2014, I was DC 10/30/2014. During this time frame I had a CC through my credit union, capital one and an auto lease with Nissan. I didnt not want to keep the lease so I stopped paying. My credit union was going to close all my accounts so I had to pay the balance in order to keep my checking and saving. That was paid off and closed the same month I filed BK (July) I have pulled my reports from myFICO and I have 5 late payments. 

Experian report states that my Capital One and my Credit Union CC was 90 days late in October

My lease with Nissan is mark 30/60/90 lates Sept-Oct 

What is the best way for me to go about getting these removed? I thought that when you are in the automatic stay period it couldnt be marked as late? And I dont understand how my credit union CC is marked that way when it was closed in July? Any thoughts/ suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

My current scores ar Ex 625, TU 607 EQ 625

Dispute directly with the CRA and demand they report as IIB 0 balance, that is they way they should be on discharged debt. Since you filed July 1 your CU was included in BK so they have to report IIB 0 balance. If this doesnt get corrected then file a complaint with the CFPB.    http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I wrote to Experian. Then edited both of the credit cards but left my lease the same. Do I keep fighting this? Or at this point is is pointless? I really would like the 90 days late off.

Message 3 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I wrote to Experian. Then edited both of the credit cards but left my lease the same. Do I keep fighting this? Or at this point is is pointless? I really would like the 90 days late off.

Experian is the only CRA that does NOT delete payment history. 

The accounts should be IIB but AFAIK they can report the late payments up until the discharge... someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian is the only CRA that does NOT delete payment history. 

The accounts should be IIB but AFAIK they can report the late payments up until the discharge... someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

The CRA has no say in whether or not a payment history is deleted that is totally up to the creditor. Actually they cannot report lates past the filing date of the BK once its been discharged.

Message 5 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

The CRA has no say in whether or not a payment history is deleted that is totally up to the creditor. Actually they cannot report lates past the filing date of the BK once its been discharged.

So I take it creditors have this mutual handshake agreement amongst themselves not to delete payment histories on TL's reported to EX?  I've seen dozens of threads referencing EX not deleting payment histories on accounts and I can look at my EX report and NONE have been deleted on all my IIB TL's.

They have , however, been deleted on TU and EQ.

Oh wait... maybe I am confusing myself?  The dozens of threads reference EX reporting all payment histories... so yeah, you are right, it is up to the creditor on whether or not a payment history is deleted... but either way, EX will continue to report it.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.