cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Judgements Post BK

tag
jjjd123

Question about Judgements Post BK

I just received my Chapter 7 discharge yesterday.  I had 2 open judgements that were of course included in the BK.  Do I need to do anything now that I have a discharge?  Also what is the best way to have the credit updated on a judgement?

Any help will be apprecieted.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nurse0528

Re: Question about Judgements Post BK

Message 2 of 9
nurse0528

Greetings, I have the same question. I file my case in ga but two judgement were from nj. The paralegal from the firm I used said they can only file motion to vacate if it was in ga but because it's from nj there's nothing that they can do. I'm so confused because at my initial consultation, I was told that they would take care of all judgement on my file. I didn't want to start a new thread, so anyone with experience or knowledge please help.
Message 3 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I had a judgement that was included in my ch7 filing. The judgement now shows on my credit report as included in bankruptcy. The creditor will never beable to collect and it is reported correctly. That's good enough for me.

I also had an IRS lien that was included in my ch7 filing and subsequent discharge. I had to contact the IRS and request that they withdraw the lien which they did. When I received their withdrawal paperwork, I took it to my county recording office, paid the record fee and had it recorded as withdrawn. Then the proof of withdrawal was sent to the credit reporting agencies and my credit report now shows the lien as withdrawn.

It is unfortunate that your attorney made such a broad promise then belatedly clarified caveats. I recommend that you contact the orginal creditor and request that the judgement be reported correctly if it isn't already. As for vacating it, you need to consult an attorney in that jurisdiction.

Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For all of you with judgments post BK-7; File motion(s) to vacate on grounds its IIB in the court(s) that granted them...

Message 5 of 9
nurse0528

Good news...I just received my experian dispute results, they deleted all three of my judgements and deleted few other accounts.I'm so thankful to God.
Message 6 of 9
Webpagesby23
Established Member

Did you do your disputes online or through the mail? Also did you upload your discharge information in your disputes? I am scheduled to be discharged 4/11/14 i am just trying to start my cleanups now

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: Credit Karma 663 Credit Sesame 611 My Fico 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 7 of 9
nurse0528

I disputed mine online, I did it on march 8 and got discharged on march 21. I'm still waiting for transunion and Equifax. I didn't submit any documents. Just simply told them that it was iib.
Message 8 of 9
Webpagesby23
Established Member

Equifax is being alittle stubborn updating the status of two of my accounts

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: Credit Karma 663 Credit Sesame 611 My Fico 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.