Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about an old BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about an old BK

Back in 2005 my husband and I filed for a chapter 13 BK. To make a long story short, his boss was taking the money out of his checks, but was not sending it on to the trustee. That case was dismissed and we later went on due to medical bills to file a chapter 7 in 2010. My question is I am new to the credit rebuilding, I have a few store cards and 2 cap one cards. 

Should I dispute this on my Equifax  report? This BK is off my other two credit reports. We are going to be buying a house really soon and we are working with a credit restoration for us. My current FICO scores are Ex 657, TU 685, and Experian 660. My other question is this something the credit restoration people should take care off? 

I really would like to get my scores up closer to 700 before the mortgage for a better rate.

Thank you for any help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about an old BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in 2005 my husband and I filed for a chapter 13 BK. To make a long story short, his boss was taking the money out of his checks, but was not sending it on to the trustee. That case was dismissed and we later went on due to medical bills to file a chapter 7 in 2010. My question is I am new to the credit rebuilding, I have a few store cards and 2 cap one cards. 

Should I dispute this on my Equifax  report? This BK is off my other two credit reports. We are going to be buying a house really soon and we are working with a credit restoration for us. My current FICO scores are Ex 657, TU 685, and Experian 660. My other question is this something the credit restoration people should take care off? 

I really would like to get my scores up closer to 700 before the mortgage for a better rate.

Thank you for any help Smiley Happy

One would not want to dispute valid credit information. What you can do with the 05 BK is ask for an early exclusion 2-3 months prior to its scheduled drop date with EQ. I do not advise you work with any credit repair outfit there is nothing they can do for you that you cant do yourself. Good luck and welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.