Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about being an authorized user after bk7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about being an authorized user after bk7

Filed BK 7 (by myself) and had my 341 meeting on February 8th. Of course this means my discharge will be April 8th.

My wife currently has a jewelry store credit card within $8,000 credit limit. It is at 0% utilization right now. My wife has offered to add me as an authorized user to help build my credit.

My question is, should I have her do it now, or after my discharge April 8th?

We are planning on going in right after she asked me and making a 402 $500 purchase, keeping the utilization very low.

I thank you for your replies in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about being an authorized user after bk7

@Anonymous wrote:
Filed BK 7 (by myself) and had my 341 meeting on February 8th. Of course this means my discharge will be April 8th.

My wife currently has a jewelry store credit card within $8,000 credit limit. It is at 0% utilization right now. My wife has offered to add me as an authorized user to help build my credit.

My question is, should I have her do it now, or after my discharge April 8th?

We are planning on going in right after she asked me and making a 402 $500 purchase, keeping the utilization very low.

I thank you for your replies in advance.

You can do it now.  AU accounts have nothing to do with your BK.  It will get you your first revolving account reporting.

After you get 3 to 5 accounts of your own, you may want to remove yourself so your report just reflects your own efforts.

Message 2 of 4
wissam
Contributor

it should help you !

but  what about the authorized useres on accounts if this acount was included in bk?

i have filed for bk and i have my friend on this acount as auth user!  i did not think about that until i read your post 

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@wissam wrote:

it should help you !

but  what about the authorized useres on accounts if this acount was included in bk?

i have filed for bk and i have my friend on this acount as auth user!  i did not think about that until i read your post 

Have your friend dispute the account as "not mine" and it will be removed

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.