Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about collection calls before bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about collection calls before bankruptcy

Getting ready to file for Bankruptcy,Meeting with the atty next week to tie up loose ends and such.Currently getting collector calls,should i tell them of the pending BK to get them off my back or just keep ignoring.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TigerCat
Valued Member

Re: Question about collection calls before bankruptcy

Unfortunately brokeharbor, I believe they can continue to call right up to the time you file. I would politely tell them once what you are going to do. If they continue to call, I would ignore them. Once I paid my attorney and got the process rolling, he told me I could refer any collection calls to his office. Yours should do the same.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about collection calls before bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:
Getting ready to file for Bankruptcy,Meeting with the atty next week to tie up loose ends and such.Currently getting collector calls,should i tell them of the pending BK to get them off my back or just keep ignoring.

Depending on the type of debt, there are times when the best strategy is not to inform creditors that you intend to file for BK and then hit them right between the eyes with the case number right after you file. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.