Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about vehicle buy back from Trustee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about vehicle buy back from Trustee

Hi there. I filed Chapter 7 in August. I was slightly over my exemptions, so I paid a small fee and "bought back" my truck from the Trustee. Fast fwd to now...I have a new job that will cover my gas 100% and give me a car allowance IF I have a vehicle that gets a certain mpg. My truck does not meet that requirement, so I am essentially losing money every month by paying back a percentage of my fuel expences. Is the truck mine to do what I want with at this point? Would like to trade it in for a more efficiant car. Truck is paid off, Bankruptcy is discharged, but not yet closed. Any advice would be great! Called Lawyer and getting a return call is like pulling teeth.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about vehicle buy back from Trustee

If you bought it back from the bank then as far as I know it's yours to do with as you like, so you should be able to trade it in.  

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about vehicle buy back from Trustee

Yes, truck is your truck and you can trade it or sell it.

Why don't you sell it private party or to CARMAX rather than trading it? You usually end up with more cash that way and don't get hosed on the trade.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.