Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Bankruptcy

tag
lilary
New Visitor

Question on Bankruptcy

Hi, my ex-husband to be and I only have a mortgage together.  I have always had excellent credit 787.  He had a prior bk, and recently filed for another bk.  (only married 2 years, con man kind of guy) We settle on the house Monday, thank goodness, and any debt we had together is over.  The problem is, I checked my credit report, and while nothing looks out of the ordinary, my score just dropped to 610.  Not only that my small balance credit card dropped my available credit from 15k to 5k.  This must be from his filing for bk.  Will my credit rebound after the house is reported sold?  What can I do to stop the snowball effect this seems to have started?  I want to buy another home on my own, and with the score drop, that will be impossible.  Please advise, and thank you.
Message Edited by llecs on 12-21-2008 10:47 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Bankruptcy

I split off you post and moved it here.

Bumping for the pros.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't have an answer for your question, I would strongly advise you to put a fraud alert on all 3 CRA just in case he has your personal info.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not used to all the alphabet soup regarding bankruptcy.

What does this mean:  "Single charge off, Wachovia won't PFD."

Thanks 

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

maddy1001 wrote:

I'm not used to all the alphabet soup regarding bankruptcy.

What does this mean:  "Single charge off, Wachovia won't PFD."

Thanks 

It is part of his siggy. Here's info on common abbreviations and a link mentioning PFD letters:

Common Abbreviations

What Steps Do I Take

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.