Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on auto loan reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on auto loan reporting

So my BK was Discharged on 8/10. My auto loan was part of it, I did not reaffirm howver I am making payments once again. Well today the bank reported 60 days past due on this loan. I was under the impression that if i do not reaffirm they cannot hold me liable as well as cannot report anymore to the bureaus. Am I correct?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on auto loan reporting

When you say reported - does the tradeline read IIB and a zero balance and payment history shows 60 days late or does the tradeline say you're 60 days late?

The account should read that you have a zero balance and that the account was IIB.

I would first dispute it with the three credit bureaus.  If it comes back validated, have your attorney (if you retained one) send a letter to the creditor saying they are in violation of the Federal Bankruptcy Discharge order.

Oh, one last question.  Did you remain current during your BK filing or did you stop paying?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan still reports the balance, not IIB and currently 60 days late. I wasnt paying on the loan because my bank agreed to refinance it to a lower interest rate/payment once I was discharged

Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Dispute as IIB with the credit bureaus first.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.