Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding the 24 month plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding the 24 month plan

BK Discharged 2 months ago. Started following the 24 month plan, and there's a discrepancy in Experian.

When I view the report on this site, it shows some of the tradelines that were discharged as either late, charge off, or collection. Yet when I go to disupte (takes me to another site) the credit report there doesn't show that. It shows the same accounts as never late and closed (included in BK).

Why the discrepancy, and what can I do about it?

Prior to my BK, I was never late on a payment, so everything should reflect 'never late, included in BK', right?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding the 24 month plan

Where do you find the 24 month plan?
Message 2 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Message 3 of 11
Scupra
Super Contributor

Is the myFICO report you are looking at an older date?
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The myfico report was pulled yesterday.

Message 5 of 11
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The myfico report was pulled yesterday.

Well, that was my grand idea haha. Sorry I couldnt be of more help. Maybe someone else will chime in for you. Welcome to the boards!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 11
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Experian is the odd ball with regards to credit reports post bankruptcy. The other two delete all payment history once the account is updated to IIB.

Experian is the only one that keeps it for you to see (also the only one who lists accounts as IIB, list it as a Key Derogatory). This is for your view. The dispute system is different fof Experian.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I be concerned, or take additional action? I just hate to see late payments on a report if I was never late.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried on several accounts through the dispute process with Experian. No luck. Trying a different route going directly to the creditors.

Message 9 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Gle8,

Personally I would not worry about this late payment since it was before your bankruptcy. I don't know of anyone that has been able to remove late payments from Experian. in my humble opinion, i would focus on the plan, which does work, and rebuilding some positive credit trade lines.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.