Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions After Chapter 7

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Questions After Chapter 7

I recently filled chap 7 BK on december of 2011 and was discharged in March of 2012. I had numerous accounts that were included in BK that were charged off before I filed. So do these fall off my credit report when I reach SOL for my state? Or do they fall off once my BK falls off my credit report becuase I included them in BK?

When is a good time to refi a car loan that I got after BK? I have had it since feb 2012 all payments were on time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tertleman72

Re: Questions After Chapter 7

As far as I know they will fall off in 5-7 years depending on your state and certain loopholes. But that may have changed so don't take it for gospel. As far as refi goes go ahead and refinance now, unless you already have a decent interest rate. But if you are sitting in the teens with interest I suggest trying cap1 refi if you can't get a CU to do it. cap1 gave me 8 percent on a refi 3 months post BK. Beware though if you don't reaffirm the car and its just a "drive through"; Cap1 won't touch it. Good luck
EQ 547 -10/12
EX 502- 10/12

Ch7 Discharge 7/12
(9/12)Cap1 PlatinumMC-$300, (10/12)Cap1 Cash Reward-$500
Message 2 of 4
tertleman72

correction: They should fall off 5-7 years from first reported delinquency depending on your state and loopholes
EQ 547 -10/12
EX 502- 10/12

Ch7 Discharge 7/12
(9/12)Cap1 PlatinumMC-$300, (10/12)Cap1 Cash Reward-$500
Message 3 of 4
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

I just pulled my free credit report. What should I be looking for? I have some items that are in the negative section that do not say included in bk. Should I dispute them? Also I have a judgement from a CC that I included in BK can I get that removed through a dispute?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.