New Visitor
bricka

Questions about budget for Chapter 13

I started the process of filing for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy recently, by seeing an attorney. He gave me a budget sheet I'm supposed to fill out. The easy entries are just that, easy. Things like rent and utilities... but I'm stumped at what is a reasonable amount to put down for things such as "Gifts," "Clothing" and "Entertainment" I don't think I spend a lot on any of them but I don't want to put the wrong figure down, something that seems astronomical or something that seems too low, so that in the future I won't be able to afford it because of the plan I'm given.

Does anyone know what a reasonable amount is to fill in or how I can determine what a reasonable amount is, in comparison to my income?
pollyjuicegranny

Re: Questions about budget for Chapter 13

We were told that our standard living expenses should be no more than 20% of  our net income. So after doing a bit of math, and we have a family of 4, it just averaged out to be $200.00 per person for food (groceries plus lunches) that we spent per month with our net income.
 Household items and supplies, we reported $100.00 per month (detergent, ect.) Clothing and laundry: $250.00 
 Personal care items/medical products, medications $100.00.
Easy way to this is add all net income, then multipy by .2
Good luck, pollyjuicegranny

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}