cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about incorrect info reporting on Experian AFTER disputing the account

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Questions about incorrect info reporting on Experian AFTER disputing the account

I really need some advice about some items reporting incorrectly to my credit report after it was discharged in BK and after I already disputed them. They are only incorrect on my EXP CR, the other 2 CR’s are reporting correctly. I have 3 different scenarios/dilemmas that I need help with. I will list them and number them so if anyone has any advice or help, you can refer to the item number in your response. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate having such a wonderful and resourceful forum to turn to. Thank you to everyone in advance.

Basic Info: Chapter 7 BK filed in May of 2013, discharged in Aug of 2013.

1.  Credit One Bank Credit Card – In May I noticed that this account was showing a charged off status, so I disputed it and asked that the status be changed to IIB. In June of 2014, they updated the status to “Unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor” and reported it as 90 days late for June 2014 and now July 2014.  Remarks say: “Account Previously In Dispute - Now Resolved - Reported By Subscriber.” This is NOT RESOLVED!!! So now I have two current 90 day lates reporting to my credit on an account that was closed 2 years ago and IIB. Is this something that Credit One Bank is doing or is it Experian that is at fault? What is the quickest way to resolve this to have it changed to the correct info reporting?

2.  BSI Mortgage – We did a deed in lieu on an investment property in May of 2012. At the same time I disputed the account above, I also did a dispute and asked that this account be updated to IIB status as well. They kept the status as “Credit grantor received deed for collateral in lieu of foreclosure on a defaulted mortgage” and now it shows a 90 day late for July of 2014! This deed in lieu was completed in 2012 so how can they show a 90 day late in July of 2014? Again, is this something being reported by BSI Mortgage or is it Experian that is the issue? What is the quickest way to resolve this to have it updated to the correct info? Also, can a deed in lieu be IIB or does it stay reported as a deed in lieu?

3.  A collection agency put a medical collection on my credit in Nov of 2013 that was discharged in my BK in Aug of 2013. I disputed it and they made it a zero balance and it shows IIB as the status, however, shouldn’t it be completely deleted since it was a debt that was IIB and should never even have been reported as an open collection 3 months after it was discharged in my BK?

I really need some advice on how to quickly resolve these issues because I am doing a loan and need these resolved before they pull my CR for the loan in a couple of weeks. My Experian FICO was 688 in May, before these accounts reported as 90 days late in June and July of this year, now it is down to 620! This is the only thing that could have caused the drastic drop in my score. If I call Experian, can they expedite the process? Isn’t there some type of law to keep creditors from reporting a discharged debt as currently delinquent? 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about incorrect info reporting on Experian AFTER disputing the account

While I don't have the details - there is a phone number you can call to initiate a phone dispute with a special department where many have gotten results.  Hopefully someone will post it or PM it to you.

There are also some other things you can do - a Direct Dispute with the creditors.  You CFPB dispute.  A BBB dispute (for the collection agency).

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.