cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions from a curious wife about Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions from a curious wife about Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!

Thanks for opening this post. I am new to the board, and curious about my husbands Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that was filed on 1/7/2003, and discharged shortly after. I have disputed several items on his credit report about 6 months ago cause they were supposed to be in the bankruptcy but weren't. I had a total of 9 negative items deleted(including a vehicle repossession that was around $8,000 delinquent). My first question is ... Is there any way to actually have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy removed from a credit report legally, even before the 7 to 10 year mark? My second question is ... How much does your credit score go up if you get removed? and my 3rd question is ... Does it go up more if you just let it drop off at the 7 to 10 year mark or does it go up more if you can have it removed? Thanks in advance. A curious wife who has never dealt with BK before!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions from a curious wife about Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!

The is NO way you can legally or illegalyl for that matter, have a BK ermoved before it's supposed to....
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ch7 stays on 10 years, but it hurts your score less after 7... try to rebuild sooner rather than later as I did... he can get cc to help rebuild, look at bk friendly cards, and don't look at af cards so he can keep his history
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's on there to stay until the time (10 yrs). I too filed Ch. 7 in 2004 and many of the creditors who were included and have derogs on my credit report are showing to drop off/be removed before the 10 year period.  So as time goes on, the credit score does improve, even with the bk if he keeps his credit low and pays on-time every single time!  I am just now trying to clean up a few medical collections from a surgery and have a fico of 620, with that bankruptcy.  Time and good payment history will be on his side.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thank you for the information ... I greatly appreciate it!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.