Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions, upcoming 341 meeting

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Questions, upcoming 341 meeting

My husband and I recently filed and the 341 meeting is next month. We provided our attorney with all necessary information to file. They call yesterday stating the trustee want more current pay stubs and bank statements and our 2014 tax return. 

I'm curious why they're requesting our 2014 return and not 2015. Not sure if I'm over thinking things.

when filing did you have to provide more current stubs, statements and the yr before last returns? Although we have nothing to hide I wonder how much does or will the trustee scrutinize our statements, basically every transaction/purchase.. This is also a busy season at work and I've picked up the available OT in Sept/October to get ahead of monthly expenses that we've been behind on under the circumstances. This is not my average pay and hope I haven't shot ourselves in the foot. I did ask the paralegal, she said that should be fine but I'm SO nervous/anxious. 

Any insight? TIA

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Questions, upcoming 341 meeting

Depends on the state as well, but the trustee can ask for anything and everything they want too, and if you want to continue, you have to supply it. I have to provide last 3 yrs of tax returns, and a full year of bank statements/pay stubs.

Its not uncommon, and the trustee isn't there for you...they are there for the creditors. Just comply, and go with it.
Message 2 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

I'm absolutely going through with it and have complied in submitting the requested information. I was just asking about others who have gone through it. 

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had our 341 meeting about 2 weeks ago and were asked to provide 2014 and 2015 tax returns as well as updated pay stubs and bank statments. Our lawyer said it was a standard request and not to worry! We were very worried going into our meeting as we barely passed the means test income wise and have high expenses but it was very quick and over in 5 minutes, we didnt get questioned on our income or spending. Try not to worry!
Message 4 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I asked my attorney, he said the same as yours, it's a standard request. 

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I will have to do means test to attempt to qualify for ch 7. I am wondering does it really take expenses into account? Our in come is over but barely but expenses are very high

Message 6 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

I can say that we went over expenses prior to filing, I'm sure it's taken into account. Here's a link that may be helpful. 

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/expenses-help-pass-bankruptcys-means-test.html

i know we passed the means test but also provided a list of expense too....Based on my research I thought if one fell below the means test income they didn't have to provide a list. Some of this stuff if so confusing and nerve wrecking in the process 

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure to take your most current pay stubs with you to your 341 as well. Our Trustee and Attorney didn't request those prior, however the trustee asked while we were there. LUCKILY I had them on me since I just printed out a bunch of records and had them in my bag. Also make sure that whatever you bring to show your SSN is the same SSN listed on your filing paperwork, and is correct. We didn't realize it until the trustee looked at my husband's W2 that his employer transposted his SSN. For whatever reason she didn't make us come back with it corrected, however everyone before us she did (for those who showed up without their SS card or W2s)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.