Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions

tag
Cat27hargadon
New Contributor

Questions

My 341 meeting was on 2/8/15. I have Cap1, 1st premier, Credit one showing correctly. IIB $0. However my collections and public records are still showing a balance and not reporting correctly.  How do I proceed?  Also how soon should I apply for credit and whom since I burnt Cap1 and Credit one?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions

@Cat27hargadon wrote:

My 341 meeting was on 2/8/15. I have Cap1, 1st premier, Credit one showing correctly. IIB $0.

However my collections and public records are still showing a balance and not reporting correctly.  How do I proceed? Once you receive the discharge the CAs should either remove or update their TL to IIB 0 balance. The PR sounds like a judgment and what needs to happen with it is: A motion to vacate it on grounds its IIB needs to be filed in the court that granted it, once the judge signs off on it the judgment can be deleted from your CRs.

Also how soon should I apply for credit and whom since I burnt Cap1 and Credit one?  I would be looking at secured cards with possibly Comerica, St Dept FCU, Open Sky and there are others as well, Your local CUs might have secured cards available as well and they are more apt to help in rebuilding then big banks. Cap-1 will not BL you forever, you can reapp for one of their cards after 1 year passes from date of filing for the BK.

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Questions

I burned Cap1 in my ch7 bankruptcy. Thought they'd never give me another credit card. Applied recently and got a $5,000 card. You can get there. It take time, patience and some specific steps.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.