New Contributor
cjones46402

Quick BK question...

First off..hello to the board.......

I filed for BK back in June of 1998. It was dismissed not far after that due to lost of job (yea sucks). But since then...everything that I filed in the BK was either paid off or it just fell off my report. the balance says $0 in the Asset amount and the liability amount. Should I ask to have this remonved from my report or just leave it alone? If to have it remeoved, which letter should I use?

Thanks in advance.
9/23/07 EQ-588 EX-613 TU-621
11/16/07 EQ-678 EX-705 TU-621
12/31/07 EQ-702 EX-703 TU-683
Frequent Contributor
CreditBob

Re: Quick BK question...

Don't worry about it. The dismissed bankruptcy eill be falling off this June of 2008. That is only 8 months away. What you can do is send in a normal dispute letter in the very beginning of May 2008. The credit bureaus will allow a bk to be removed off your credit report 1 month prior. I know this because I asked them on the phone a few days ago.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}