cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick BK7 question regarding Credit Score

tag
PhillyGuy2012

Quick BK7 question regarding Credit Score

I filed in Nov 2012, discharged in Feb 2013, case still open due to assets.  My current scores, 686 - 716.  I have paid my car, house and one store card throughout the BK, I have NEVER been late, ever.  When the BK is finally closed, will my score up in either direction since it is finally closed?

Thanks

PG

Starting Score: 741
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 799

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Quick BK7 question regarding Credit Score

In general people on average had lost 150-200 points, not sure if it has happen to you yet. As far as your scores go. You are rebucketted with others in a BK 7 type of scenario. I myself have a bk 7 that will fall off next April or before then. I will be rebucketted to people who have never filed before so I know I will be losing points but will regain and be able to obtain higher scores as to I will not have any collections or C/O on my report.

Message 2 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Does it make a difference in scores, if discharged and closed at the same time, and if just discharged not closed yet? I'm just wondering because my bankruptcy reported as filed, then updated to discharged, no mention of closed. So wondering if once it's closed it makes any difference in score as opposed to just discharged? Or, is it not reported as discharged until it is closed?

I guess I thought the discharge was the important thing, and closing was a trustee/court financial reconciliation.
Message 3 of 5
PhillyGuy2012

I think it does make a difference. I reaffirmed my car, but on my credit report it still states part of bk. i called them and they stated after the case closes, they will report the account as a regular account like it wasnt included in the bk, but only after my case is closed.

Starting Score: 741
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 799

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Discharged is the only part you need to worry about. closed bk is for internal recording keeping for the bk courthouse. nothing more. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.