Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: One year post BK7, Experian still won't remove a balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: One year post BK7, Experian still won't remove a balance

I have lurked on this forum for some time now and it has truly helped me. I was discharged May 2015 and my scores are mid/upper 600's with a few unsecured cards. Rebuilding is going as planned thanks to the info here.

However, I have never been able to get Experian to remove my mortgage loan (they are the only one of the three that hasn't closed it out or included it in BK7). I even had my attorney send a letter to dispute but they replied saying they believe the open balance is correct. 

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this where they just won't remove something even though it was included in BK? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: RE: One year post BK7, Experian still won't remove a balance

Accounts included in bankruptcy are not removed. They are simply annoted with "Included in Bankruptcy Chapter 7"

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish it said that...instead it says "status: Open" with a $6,500 balance...

Message 3 of 6
notpaul
Regular Contributor

Experian doesn't remove past history of included accounts like the others do.
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to make sure we're on the same page...

Experian lists all of my other accounts as "discharged in BK" except this one where it says "Open" with a balance.

Message 5 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Are you still making payments on the mortgage?

If yes, ask your lender to update the balance.

If no, ask your lender to update the status to closed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.